Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
LIFE NRA SCI
Hunted
USA CANADA
Are there any days that are better to travel as far as pricing?
We will be booking WAY in advance for Aug 15.
NYC to J berg to Port Elizabeth
Any suggestions about seating to request?We will be 2 adults and 2 children
Thanks,
Shoedog

I would say call lori at travel express.If your booking for this year time is now to get it done.She has always saved me money and made my travel very easy.

I would say call lori at travel express.If your booking for this year time is now to get it done.She has always saved me money and made my travel very easy.

Agree.

or the day your boss will let you off work

or the only available date that the points program has a seat

etc.

Lori will let you know about general travel details with scheduling hands down.

Most airlines offer lowest prices if you travel around mid week so tuesday/wednesday/thursday.

Most airlines offer lowest prices if you travel around mid week so tuesday/wednesday/thursday.

Correct with the days, also time of the year. Aug. 15th should be a cheaper ticket also.
Just had my August ticket redone to add another hunt while in Joburg. This is using United out of South Dakota.
Seats are filling up as per travel agent which increased the price. So hurry up and get booked.
Lori has served me well as has Bea at Tatum Travel.

Shoot straight.

"A dream can be relived, again and again in Africa."

Hi SHOEDOG ~ days of the week for travel don't really matter to Africa but time of year (season) does. There is a price break if you depart the U.S. on or before May 31 and then again on or after August 11. In other words, June, July and early August will be more expensive as far as airline tickets. Hope this helps!

Thanks Bill & Marius for the kudos!

Hi SHOEDOG ~ days of the week for travel don't really matter to Africa but time of year (season) does. There is a price break if you depart the U.S. on or before May 31 and then again on or after August 11. In other words, June, July and early August will be more expensive as far as airline tickets. Hope this helps!

Thanks Bill & Marius for the kudos!

Lori,

I wonder if you get different prices to me for some reason, because when I check a sample price for the same flight on Wednesday 13th & compare it to Friday 15th, I get a difference of $979 per passenger?

https://www.aa.com/reservation/revenueSearchProcess.do?bookingPathStateId=1396561922313-465

https://www.aa.com/reservation/revenueSearchProcess.do?bookingPathStateId=1396561968908-211

Other airlines may differ but they're the (economy) prices I found on a first random search.

Lori,

I wonder if you get different prices to me for some reason, because when I check a sample price for the same flight on Wednesday 13th & compare it to Friday 15th, I get a difference of $979 per passenger?

https://www.aa.com/reservation/revenueSearchProcess.do?bookingPathStateId=1396561922313-465

https://www.aa.com/reservation/revenueSearchProcess.do?bookingPathStateId=1396561968908-211

Other airlines may differ but they're the (economy) prices I found on a first random search.

shakari ~ I'm sure it's an availability problem if you are looking at going this August. When the flights start filling up is when you see fluctuation in prices like that. SHOEDOG I believe is looking at August of 2015 so if he books well in advance rates won't fluctuate by day of the week, just season.

Lori

Traditionally, most airlines have more demand at the beginning/end of the working week hence lower demand & lower prices in midweek.

I appreciate there are other factors such as school & national holidays but as a rule of thumb, midweek tends to be cheaper with most airlines in most countries, most of the time as illustrated in the links I posted.

Thanks Lori
How far in advance can I purchase?
Shoedog

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
profibrahim

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you