Best Camo!

NielU

AH member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
ABO (African Bow Hunting Organization)(Bow Hunting Instructor for ABO)
Hunted
South Africa and Mozambique
Please send some. Tell us what you were hunting for as well and if you were lucky a picture of pictures of yourself in the best camo outfit you ever ware to harvest the animal you desperately needed the animal.

Here are myne hunting for Nyala 27"+ at a waterhole.
DSC02981.jpg

DSC02991.jpg

Ooops! Sorry for the grammer and spelling in the thread I started. This is what happen when you copy and paste from word late at night.:doh2:

Spike.t,

thanks for the compliment if you look closer you might see me on the left behind the horns.;)

I would have to say this is the best camo I have worn, although it is not all that good, but when you kill a 29" Nyala on a walk and stalk hunt and get a 20 yard shot, I would have to say it was excellent camo. It is called Fusion 3D. I bought 2 short sleeve shirts off the rack somewhere because they were on sale for around $5. I normally just wear black because most of my hunting is out of blinds. Just to show you that camo is not all it is cracked up to be, especailly sitting in an enclosed blind, the second pic is of my big bull Eland I shot in 2008 from a hide with a nice colorful shirt. My wife hates every pic we have of this Eland because I was wearing that red shirt. We were in a hurry to get to the hide and my PH said that shirt would be OK, guess he was right!

PS: The camo my wife is wearing in the Nyala pic is called "Rattlesnake Camo" and was developed in Texas!.

Doug's Nyala.JPG

aca6.jpg

Hi there Mudslinger,

Congratulations with those excellent trophy's. Camo alone doesn't do the job; you need to have all the other factors in your favour too for a successful hunt. Do not worry too much about the red shirt it could have been worse in pink.;)

Thank you for posting some pictures!

Thats a beautiful eland mudslinger.

My favorite camo is Max-4. You may not blend in like a magazine ad or other set up and prepared photo but it is broken up nicely with large contrasting colors. It doesnt turn into a big black blob at a distance like so many bark style camos do these days. It is hard to beat in wide open spaces and still does a good job in heavy cover.

I wore more camo patterns than I can recall.
If I was walk and stalk bowhunting I think I'll come back to this thread and see what you guys used.

The most effective camo I used was for the Nyala hunt.
It was game day for the run up to the Rugby World Cup.
The Tri-Nations Cup July 29, 2011
Wallabies vs Springboks

Supporters would be out in swarms right??!!

How to blend in....

watermark.php

He was absolutely shocked and never took his eyes off me when I came around the bush!
Sure couldn't be a hunter in that Springboks Jersey. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Enigma Camo hands down has help me more times than any camo out there. I have the utmost confidence employing it...all other things considered (like wind direction and minimal movement). I prefer to spot and stalk. Counting coup is a labor of love. Getting close, well, enjoy the gallery in my profile and see for yourself. You will never hear this boy say a bad thing about Enigma.

Enigma Camo hands down has help me more times than any camo out there. I have the utmost confidence employing it...all other things considered (like wind direction and minimal movement). I prefer to spot and stalk. Counting coup is a labor of love. Getting close, well, enjoy the gallery in my profile and see for yourself. You will never hear this boy say a bad thing about Enigma.

That is nice camo. It reminds me of ASAT camo ASAT? OUTDOORS, LLC

I own a bunch of different camo patterns. I like the 3-D leafy designs. If I stand still most animals have a hard time picking me out. Since most mammals see colors and other optical characteristics different than humans I believe the actual pattern is most important when selling the garment. Years ago I spent a considerable amount of time taking black and white pics of various camo clothing while trying to blend into the woods/bush. The camo patterns will look much different in black and white. Try this for yourself. You may be surprised at the results. This is how I came to decide which one was my favorite camo...Cabela's Ghil-Leaf.

Attachments

• tn.jpg
    tn.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 385
Stretch,

One of the lads who helped resurrect ASAT from bankruptcy (going back several years) decided to start his own company using the things he learned (both good and bad) from ASAT. His advancements make Enigma some of the best/quiet/nonfade camo out there. Moreover, Chuck is willing to custom fit/make your camo if you desire any special changes. I've added pockets and tucks where I like them. Cinching is important to me. You can cinch with Enigma.

Here's his website: enigmacamo.com

Stretch,

One of the lads who helped resurrect ASAT from bankruptcy (going back several years) decided to start his own company using the things he learned (both good and bad) from ASAT. His advancements make Enigma some of the best/quiet/nonfade camo out there. Moreover, Chuck is willing to custom fit/make your camo if you desire any special changes. I've added pockets and tucks where I like them. Cinching is important to me. You can cinch with Enigma.

Here's his website: enigmacamo.com

I like the Wolfskin fabric. Just e-mail them for more information.
I also ask them if they make or plan on making a 3-D version. Very nice product.

Noticed your smiling face in the success pic section. Nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MariWalsta

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross