Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI,DSC,NRA,DRSS
Hunted
North America, South America, South Africa
Anyone hunted in Benin--I'm a couple years off from hunting west africa but just gathering info. Looking into Burkina Faso or Benin--Bufalo,Roan, ect....:think:

Ed

Hello 505ED,
Benin and Burkina Faso are 2 very nice hunting countries. Very good for savannah buffalo, roan, western hartebeest, BIG harnassed bushbuck, BIG nagor reedbuck.
I spent 1 year in Burkina and 8 in Benin as a PH.
You can contact for Burkina faso: Mr. Erick TEICHER bosobo@wanadoo.fr
You can contact for B駭in: Mr. Jean Luc DAMY jeanlucwae@yahoo.com

Cheers

Christophe,

Thanks for the reply-- witch do you think would be my best option. Price is always a concern, but I'd like a good camp and a resonable chance at 1. Roan 2. Bushbuck 3. Buffalo 4 Heartbeest. I have also heard that in one of the countries there is a chance at Lion if you play your cards right, just checking around.:)

Both countries are good for what you look for. If you go for 10 hunting days it is quite easy to bag these species. Sure there is lion there, just check with the outfitters what he charges you for it.
Ask the prices and compare but keep one thing in mind; lthe lowest prices you get, the biggest trouble you get !!!!
You know to go there and kill animal is the easiest part but to get your trophy in good condition is another part and of course it costs....
Anyway, my advice: you can trust both of them.

merry Christmas
christophe

505ED did you have any luck on hunting in Benin. I know BF is done for now ! All the good hunting areas in Benin are up North right on the border with BF and people have run into trouble murder/ kidnapping Has anyone been in this year! Thanks

I saw that. Just looking to see if there is anybody who has hunted there recently. Thanks though. Hard to get info.

I have heard recently that it’s still sketchy up there....rebels or terrorist activities up there.

Pretty much no go countries now and for the foreseeable future I fear. The Boko boys have been going apeshit over there. I wouldnt go if someone paid me!

Pretty much no go countries now and for the foreseeable future I fear. The Boko boys have been going apeshit over there. I wouldnt go if someone paid me!
Would you go for a few free bricks of primers, 20lbs. of powder and a Delta airline ticket?

Not for 10 times that amount!:eek:

That'll be the day....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeilaLemie

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg