Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
USA, Canada
I have an extra Baikal 30-06 over and under rifle. It has a Barska compact 2 power scope with CZ rings (non detachable). Nice wood. It is the gun in the middle (shown without scope). I haven't shot it with the scope yet. Great entry level double...for those who say they are too expensive.

$500.00 shipped to your FFL.

Attachments

• drs-vi.jpg
    drs-vi.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 3,134
It looks like one of the Remington doubles. Made in 45-70 and 30.06. For some reason i can't remember the name of the rifle.

I think they were called the Spartan or something.

Baikal Guns

Tarawa,
The bottom gun in your picture does look like the Baikal double rifle as imported into the US and Canada as a .30-06 or .45-70. It is now called distributed by USSG Inc. ( USSGinc.com - US Sporting Goods Inc. ) as the MP221.
What caliber is yours and do use it to hunt?

Side-by-Side Rifle

Click here to get to Baikal Side-by-Side Rifle MP-221 "ARTEMIDA" page.

753d1248743527-baikal-over-under-30-06-baikal-mp-221-artemida.jpg

For Baikal Gun page in English, click here.

Attachments

• baikal-mp-221-artemida.jpg
    baikal-mp-221-artemida.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 1,077
Last edited by a moderator:
SPR 22 Remington

It looks like one of the Remington doubles. Made in 45-70 and 30.06. For some reason i can't remember the name of the rifle.

Remington has called this double rifle, made by Baikal in Russia, the "SPR 22". EAA, through a sister corporation, USSG, Inc., is again importing them under their own banner. But even during Remington's importation run, the USSG, Inc., name was stamped on the barrel of the "MR221", as Baikal and USSG, Inc., call them.

I have one each in .30-06 ($700.00) and 45-70 ($900.00), and have found them to be fun rifles at bargain prices, well worth the investment if $5000.00 or more isn't available on your "acquire double rifle" to-do list. For SXS double rifles, nothing else comes in even in second place for price, usefullness, and fun.

Does it have some warts? Well, yes of course, H&H and the other Brits are not shaking in their boots, yet. Neither was GM in the 1970's over Toyota and other Japanse makes. Times do change, don't they? I found some judicious self-gunsmithing without great complexity can solve many of the rifle's inadaquecies, if you can't live with them, or if you just enjoy making the upgrades, as I do.

I predict this Baikal SXS will be viewed as a bargain in the future.

I also am a fan of this fun little rifle. The 45-70 is a great drive gun and the 30-06 is solid and dependable. They won't win a beauty contest as they are "field grade" but form and function are pretty good. I too did some home gunsmithing to smooth the shotgun like triggers. Now I'm quite happy with the results. I hunt them often and hard and they do as expected of them. What more can you ask for?

The bottom gun is the Spartan in 30-06. I was also going to get the 45-70, but ended up with a 45-70 Kodiak instead.

Sabatti SxS Doubles Rifles

Please check my post on Sabatti SxS Doubles Rifles about EAAs new offering by clicking here.

Price Reduction!

$450 shipped to an FFL or directly in Florida.

Sold Locally!

Actually, they are quite well made and rugged. Unlike the Yugo, they actually work well. Nice wood too. The triggers need a little work to make them bearable, but everything else functions flawlessly. So in this case, for $400.00 scoped, you get much more than you pay for.

Actually, they are quite well made and rugged. Unlike the Yugo, they actually work well. Nice wood too. The triggers need a little work to make them bearable, but everything else functions flawlessly. So in this case, for $400.00 scoped, you get much more than you pay for.

Tarawa,
You lost me on this thread - can you please tell me what rifle is $400 and what rifle is $450 scoped? This was not clear to me at all.
Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,