Bad safari customers-- is the customer ever wrong and what would you do??

Discussion in 'Hunting Africa' started by SafariSean, Jul 30, 2012.

1. 35bore

35bore AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
    Hunted:
    USA, South Africa, France
    :clapping:

2. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    I'm running on no sleep... My auto speller kicks in on this I touch.

3. sestoppelman

sestoppelman SILVER SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, NA Hunt Club
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia, South Africa (2)
    OK, well..then stop running and get some sleep!:cool:

4. A.Sharpe

A.Sharpe BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    USA , including Alaska
    I thought about this quite a bit. I donate knives to different organizations to be sold at charity auctions. When you donated the hunt you did just that. What difference does it make what the buyer paid for it. I see how it can be beneficial to have the hunter upgrade his hunt but, I would feel he is under no obligation to do so. if I purchased a 10 day hunt from an Auction it shouldn't matter if I paid $600 or $10,000. I should still get the same hunt as if I had purchased it from you at your going rate. When you told the bidder he could bring his wife free? Well you obligated yourself to that. The fact that you had to make special arrangements to fill that obligation are not the clients fault. Why did the other outfitters cancel on him? He purchased something that was willingly put up for sale, Just seems like bad business to me.

5. Upepo

Upepo AH Member

I'm new to the forum. I do not guide hunts. I have guided many safari's over the years. I must say that I am impressed - and somewhat amazed - that you guys occasionally donate a "hunt" as a promotion. That's a LOT of money - especially if the conditions of the hunt are somewhat loose and not specified. Look I don't want to ruin anything, but maybe you should consider a 50% off coupon for the price of a hunt, or an offer where the client pays the days hunting costs and you offer free accomodation at a local lodge. Something a bit less expensive, and where you can know exactly what your costs will be.

Money is getting tight these days. You always hope you have good clients who appreciate what you do and are generous if they have a great rip. But it's pretty hard to absorb large losses.

Just a suggestion. take it for what it's worth.
    Very best wishes to everyone here.

cheers,
    Upepo