Drenalin33

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI, NRA, DU, Texas Bowhunter.
Hunted
USA, Canada, Mexico, and South Africa
I got back from South Africa a couple of weeks ago and just got a second to post a few pictures. This was my second time over the pond with Lekota Safaris. The first time over I thought that nothing would ever beat that hunt but I was wrong. This time even though I went when the moon was bright ( thanks to the World Cup and price of airline tickets ) turned out to be the best hunt I had ever been on.

The wind was all over the place just about everyday of my 10 day hunt but it would usually start to blow in one direction around 4:00pm and we would start to see game come to water. The two main animals that I went over for was the Bushbuck and Eland and was able to take both. I shot the Bushbuck on the 2nd to last day by spot and stalk at 33 yds. and shot the Eland the last day, the last 30 minutes of light at a water hole, you talk about excited. The Bushbuck had 17 1/2" horns and Eland was a absolute monster. Earlier in the week I also took a 54" Kudu and a very heavy 42" Gemsbok female. After I was able to take the Kudu and the Gemsbok I told myself that I could go home a very happy man even if I don't get another oppertunity at another animal, but that all changed the last two days in getting both the Bushbuck and the Eland.

I wished I had more time to for a better write up but I hope you enjoy the pictures.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your hunt report Drenalin33, I surely enjoyed the pictures. Glad that you got your old Eland bull!

Thanks for the hunt report! Awesome pictures! Congradulations, on all the great animals you took....bushbuck by a spot and stalk, truly a incredible experience!

Drenalin33,

Congratulations !!!! Classic trophies ... Massive Eland !!! thanks for sharing the pictures & the hunt report..

Monish

Great trophies congrats,

You have to give us a blow by blow on the bushbuck man!

Congatulations! I must say I fell a little envy on that wonderful bushbuck. You certainly to some exceptional trophies.

Drenalin33,

Well done! Congratulations. All of your animals will make great trophies.

- browningbbr

Congratulations on some fantastic trophies! Great write up.

Regards,

Engee

HEY
Could u please tell me where about is this game farm you went to is i really need to book for next year
and congrats on the awesome trophies
ibie

Thanks to everyone for the nice reply's. ibie, Lekota Safaris is in Tabazimbi and their web site is www.lekotasafaris.co.za.

What a fantastic time with timless memories !!! Congratulations :)

Thanks for sharing, that eland is a bruiser!

nd

Thanks for sharing the report and wonderful pictures with us Drenalin33.
Fantastic trophies you harvested - I am still waiting for an eland bull.
Looks like you had a great time.
Hunting in Africa will captivate you for a lifetime (at least it does with me)

Lekota Safaris sucked balls! if its the same place that I hunted back in 09. Hope they went out of business.

Perhaps your own thread explaining that experience for everyones benefit?!

I went from Namibia to hunting with Lekota. I think in the Limpopo and was a big difference. The animals at lekota was in very pour condition. Seem to me was like hunting in a pen. By the end of my 7-Day hunt I was ready to leave. I did shoot a waterbuck,bushbuck,impala and warthog. Just was a sad place and a poor hunt. Lucky I went to another outfitter after and it was a day and night difference.

Skinners also cut my capes up bad. Was going to full body mount bushbok and warthog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeCast

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg