AH fanatic
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Rowland Ward (RW) & Association des Guides de Grande Chasse (AGGC)
Hunted
senegal, guinea, ivory coast, burkina faso, benin, cameroun, central africa, tanzania, zimbabwe, south africa
Hi all,

I am just back from a great adventure in the equatorial rain forest in Congo.
Just being there is already an experience. Trees are HUGE, you feel small...
The first feeling is: how can I get into that s..t, it is a green wall in front of you.
In fact it is not difficult, some places are impenetrable, so you go around and under the canopy if you walk slowly it is easy. But you are wet all day long while in the forest or because of the rain or because you are sweating...
The top of the top is to hunt bongo (or sitatunga or buffalo) by tracking with the Baka pygmies and the dogs.
You pick up a fresh track on the logging road.
The Baka pygmies follow the tracks (I was not able to do it !!! and I am use to do it) while the dogs are around.
It, normally does not take very long before you see the dogs running and barking after the bongo (between 15 mn and 1h30). You know the dogs bay the bongo. Then you get such a rush of adrenalin and you try to run trough the forest to get as close as you can to the orange ghost. Usually the animal stands in front of the dogs between 15 and 5 yards...
Something to experience, for sure.
With CONGO FOREST SAFRIS we are making a super deal for this year. Please have a look on ''DEALS & OFFERS'' at http://www.africahunting.com/threads/incredible-bongo-hunting-deal-congo-brazzaville.30245/.

Enjoy the video:

BEST
CHRISTOPHE

Incredible.

Yes it is. Congo is a new BONGO hunting ground, many opportunities to hunt one of the most sought after spiral horn.
The density is very good and one can pick up fresh tracks every day. On top of that hunting with the pygmies is a must, something to experience, for sure.

The Congo Brazzaville is quite a rich country with lots of oil.
It is safe to live and stay in this country, if you don't look for trouble !!!
Getting to Brazzaville is easy, there are 4 Air France flight a week.
There is one day over in town before getting the connecting domestic flight to Ouesso. There are nice hotels and very good restaurants on the Congo River.
On the way back it is much easier because the domestic flight is the same day as the international flight.
Visa is easy to get, you just have to do it some 6 weeks before you go.

Hunting in the rain forest is really another world, not easy to describe but great to experience... especially when you are on a bongo bull track..

Best
Christophe

Fantastic Christophe! Do you perhaps get also to encounter and see Gorilla and Chimpanzee?

Yes I saw both of them, very special.
You can hear chimpanzee all day long as they talk to each other.
Gorillas are a bit more shy but one day we bumped into a group of about 6. They were very close to us in the thick vegetation that we could see moving. Suddenly, I think the female screamed very loud... very impressive... in fact in the opposite side of the car we saw a young gorilla... he jumped the road right in front of us at 5 yards.
So unique...soulful.
But we must all keep in mind that they are poached for the meat and traditional believing......

Best
Christophe

Fantastic video!

Nice, thanks for sharing!

awesome.
Do sometimes lions live in that cover,or only leopards.
Your pictures always make joy.
A good start for the day in my office :)
Foxi

Thank you Gents,I appreciate.
Best
Christophe

awesome.
Do sometimes lions live in that cover,or only leopards.
Your pictures always make joy.
A good start for the day in my office :)
Foxi
As far as I know there is no lion only leopard.
Have a good working day !!!
Best
Christophe

Thanks for sharing Christophe !

You are welcome Nyati.
It is such an experience...

Best
Christophe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg