B. Searcy 500/416 NE

Hey Matt,
At least you got a 416 to keep ya warm at night and abuse your friends with during the day! Keep you're head up brother.

Cody

At least he responded.... And gave some kind of time frame.

Better than Montana!!!! I still can't get over that one....

Mr. Searcy has been much better to deal with then Montana Rifle Co. for one thing he is fixing it for free despite the gun not being under warranty. MRC has blown off any attempts to get information by saying "we will contact you when its done".

-matt

Matt, did you ever get your double back?

sadly the rifle is still with Mr. Searcy. last I spoke to him he said he was get to it later this year.

-matt

Good things come to those who wait.

At least we hope so, in this case, given that the wait with MRC didn't end so well.

Should have been a gunsmith, no where else can you hold a gun hostage and no one things twice about it.....lol

Matt you simply have the worst luck with rifles.

Speaking of 500/416....anyone with such a chambering needs to go to Midsouth asap...they have some Norma ammo on closeout...under $4 per round!

ok Matt, I am keeping up with your dilemma. Did you ever hear back from Butch on your rifle?

I last spoke with Mr. Searcy at the SCI show in Vegas. he swore up and down that he would start working on the rifle in March. however March has come and gone and no word from him...

I will be sending him another email shortly.

-matt

here is the latest word from Mr. Searcy:

Matt,
I have corrected the chambers and now I'm replacing some of the internal parts. Another week or two and I'll ship it back to you
Butch

hopefully things will turn out ok... but at this rate im not holding my breath. :V Hang:

-matt

hopefully things will turn out ok... but at this rate im not holding my breath. :V Hang:

-matt

Hope it works out well for you Matt.

-matt

Despite not being obligated, he's doing the work at no cost to you. What would it set you back were it not on Butch's dime? In my opinion, it's a gracious gesture and therefore worthy of the wait.

Despite not being obligated, he's doing the work at no cost to you. What would it set you back were it not on Butch's dime? In my opinion, it's a gracious gesture and therefore worthy of the wait.

before coming in an preaching, I suggest you read more of the thread. what your saying has already been said by myself.

-matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanisIap02

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!