AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, North American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
Hunted
Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal, Free State & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta & Saskatchewan) & Argentina (Cordoba)
Dallas Safari Club target of antitrust, disparagement claims
Safari operator claims in a lawsuit that global conservation group Dallas Safari Club excluded it from a major trade show, causing the operator to lose substantial income.

Bill Hethcock
Staff Writer-
Dallas Business Journal

An African safari operator has turned the big guns on Dallas Safari Club Inc. with a lawsuit accusing the global hunting and conservation group of badmouthing it and conspiring to run it out of business.

Impala African Safaris LLC, based in Arizona, has sued the Dallas-based club on antitrust, civil rights, business disparagement and defamation claims in a lawsuit filed June 11 in U.S. District Court in Dallas.

According to the lawsuit obtained by the Dallas Business Journal, the African safaris operator claims the Dallas Safari Club has falsely alleged it was involved in the illegal purchase of land in the Save Conservancy of Zimbabwe and conducts unethical, illegal hunts, among other things.

Ben Carter, executive director of Dallas Safari Club, said there's no truth to Impala's claims.

"We deny those allegations vigorously and look forward to the opportunity to defend the Dallas Safari Club," Carter told the DBJ.

The suit claims Dallas Safari conspired with several of its international members to run Impala African Safaris out of business.

Among other claims, Impala alleges Dallas Safari excluded the company from its major convention and trade show attended by more than 30,000 people causing it to lose out on $170,000 a month of income since July 2012.

Dallas Safari Club target of antitrust, disparagement claims - Dallas Business Journal

Wow! Guess I'm going to have to keep an eye as this unfolds. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't DSC a private organization ran by a board of directors? I see this as DSC protecting their association and values, if something/someone is proven to go against their principals then I can't see this taking too awful long to come to an end. IF he is suing for lost revenue of 170,000, I can't imagine how much he will be in the hole when/if he ends up with a loss in court...

Anyone still believe Arnold Payne is innocent? I hope DSC stands proud and wins in court! They should not have to allow anyone to exhibit at their show.

Impala African Safaris LLC, based in Arizona, has sued the Dallas-based club on antitrust, civil rights, business disparagement and defamation claims in a lawsuit filed June 11 in U.S. District Court in Dallas.

According to the lawsuit obtained by the Dallas Business Journal, the African safaris operator claims the Dallas Safari Club has falsely alleged it was involved in the illegal purchase of land in the Save Conservancy of Zimbabwe and conducts unethical, illegal hunts, among other things.

Ben Carter, executive director of Dallas Safari Club, said there's no truth to Impala's claims.

"We deny those allegations vigorously and look forward to the opportunity to defend the Dallas Safari Club," Carter told the DBJ.

Impala African Safaris LLC were not involved with anyone who "illegally purchased land".

But I can see where the confusion comes from.

I believe that any expressed concern in their regard was about the mere involvement with some folks who use other terms for the land transactions that took place.

Those "transactions" would not involve the word "sale" or "purchase" from what I understand.
Expropriation without payment seems to be what courts have said.
Some folks have just said forceable removal.

Oh well, just another confused journalist. Maybe the Court will help them work the story details out.

Anyone still believe Arnold Payne is innocent? I hope DSC stands proud and wins in court! They should not have to allow anyone to exhibit at their show.

My thoughts exactly enysse.

I hope DSC stands proud and wins in court! They should not have to allow anyone to exhibit at their show.

Especially if they are trying to protect their members. Does anyone know if SCI banned Impala as well?

Yes, SCI finally banned Arnold Payne too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross