Are these the same tusks?

Same tusks?

• Total voters
It looks pretty obvious to not be the same tusks, due mostly to the obvious difference in the tips with the big chip on the one, while the shipped ones have nice rounded tips. Cant be the same ones. Not sure how A o W can say they are the same. Surely not the same, no big chip!

It looks pretty obvious to not be the same tusks, due mostly to the obvious difference in the tips with the big chip on the one, while the shipped ones have nice rounded tips. Cant be the same ones. Not sure how A o W can say they are the same. Surely not the same, no big chip!

This is what I think.....no doubt.....the chip is the key of this for sure......!!!!

To even things out I converted both images to black and white…

I see no broken tip in the pair below (picture taken by taxidermist).
elephant-tusks.jpg

These tips look very different to me.
tusks.jpg

Seems pretty conclusive!

More feedback from members would be appreciated.

@Argali would you share the outcome with us.

It doesn't look the same to me at all. I would be mad and upset!

In many places tusks weighing 13 kgs would not be considered trophy. Less than 30 pounds look like toothpicks (while on the elephant). Even without the technical wizardry by Jerome and Wayne, your original pictures definitely seem larger than 30 pounds.

I say that there is no way the tusks are the same. If they are did the taxidermist grind the chips off?? I think not! The one tusk has flat marks on two different plains! Your tusks have been switched sir! Now was it an honest mistake?? Who knows?

I took detailed photos of mine to make sure there was no mix up! What arrived at my home is what I put on the ground in South Africa!
image.jpg

The worn tusk on the bottom looks like the bull stuck it in a pencil sharpener! The top tusk or right tusk has an unmistakable notch to the inside!

I say that there is no way the tusks are the same. If they are did the taxidermist grind the chips off?? I think not! The one tusk has flat marks on two different plains! Your tusks have been switched sir! Now was it an honest mistake?? Who knows?

I took detailed photos of mine to make sure there was no mix up! What arrived at my home is what I put on the ground in South Africa!
View attachment 57875
The worn tusk on the bottom looks like the bull stuck it in a pencil sharpener! The top tusk or right tusk has an unmistakable notch to the inside!

Glad you got them home C.(y)

Wheels when will your shipment make it home?

If I ever hunt an elephant, I'm bringing a number die set with me and marking them. Twice. Once where it is obvious, and then somewhere else. Whether these tusks have been swapped or not, it has to be stressful even thinking about it.

Wheels when will your shipment make it home?

They made it home earlier this year. Probably one of the last to ever come out of Zimbabwe to the US. Next time your in town, you will have to swing by.

They made it home earlier this year. Probably one of the last to ever come out of Zimbabwe to the US. Next time your in town, you will have to swing by.

Wheels we will make that happen! Thanks for the invite!

Not the same tusks! If I look at the points the chip marks don't match. If I look at the base, the angles of the tusks not the same, that can seen more obviously than the tips.

57 inches = 4.75 foot.

Roughly 2.5 foot tip to lip. x 16 inch(diameter) at lip = 40 pounds
15 inch = 37.5 pounds
14 inch = 35 pounds

This is a rough method we use as PH's to judge the weight of ivory. But you can never be sure of the nerve length inside the tusks.

Im am curious what ended up happening with this story.

Sorry to bring up old frustrations for OP. It is a interesting story

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!