Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Free State, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania, Uganda
Finally had a chance to hunt Aoudad last December after a few years of thinking about it. Not a monster, but I am happy certainly with him, cant wait to get him home and on the wall!

20151109_115258.jpg
20151109_115312.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice! Fill us in on some of the details, please.

love those new wall ped aoudad forms !!! i mounted my recent aoudad on same form.

Ruger fan,
the aoudad hunt was a fun, very tough hunt. I have lots of respect for aoudad after hunting them, to me in all my hunts, this guy is the toughest and weariest animal I have ever chased. I had watched many hunting shows over the years and thought it would be a fun and different hunt, I am glad I finally got to do it. It amazing how a more mature ram looks so much different than the younger ones, much darker and more brownish/red. The first time I saw him running it reminded me of a freight train or some monster middle linebacker, just solid.

Buck wild
me too, the wall bust is a cool pose, short of choosing a half life, this one is neat because you get most of the chaps!

where was the hunt?nice job on the mount.

In central TX, kind of between Junction and Kerrville

Very nice! What did he go... about 28"?

BWH,

Very good judgment from a pic, he was 27 1/2 and 27, cant wait to get him home and on the wall!

Off to do the same thing in February in the Davis Mountains. Really looking forward to the experience.

Enjoy Red Leg, should be a great experience!

Off to do the same thing in February in the Davis Mountains. Really looking forward to the experience.
Fabulous hunt my friend. I did it many years ago, tough hunt and IMO one of the most underrated big game animals in NA.

BWH,

Very good judgment from a pic, he was 27 1/2 and 27, cant wait to get him home and on the wall!
They are a great animal to hunt, here's mine....
Finally had a chance to hunt Aoudad last December after a few years of thinking about it. Not a monster, but I am happy certainly with him, cant wait to get him home and on the wall!

View attachment 52656 View attachment 52657
congratulations they are a great animal to hunt. Here's mine taken some years ago in the Davis mountains

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
They are great animals.... I hunted the Trans Pecos 3 years straight. It was a lot of fun. Going back in about a year from now for an Aoudad. Hoping for a 30+". It a great experience out there & up in the Caprock too!

They are amazingly solid, tough animals.

The guide I hunted with gave me a hard time about using a 270 with a 150gr Partition. He actually wanted me to use his 338!

His claim was he had spent too much time chasing wounded Aoudad.

I didn't say it, but I thought "your average hunter does not put the bullet in the correct spot".

Congrats on your Aoudad!

In central TX, kind of between Junction and Kerrville

Was this a DIY hunt or did you use a guide? If guided, can you give a recommendation?

Great looking trophies... especially like the pedestal type mount one!!

Was this a DIY hunt or did you use a guide? If guided, can you give a recommendation?
One of the very best for aoudad is a gentleman named Bubba Glosson. I think he goes by the name Southwest trophy hunts. I've hunted with him many times. You will not be disappointed.

great looking mount. One of the animals I hope me and my kid get to hunt soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlynnHeini

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.