Anyone use Safari Taxidermy in SA

Discussion in 'Taxidermy' started by buzz4me2, Jan 6, 2013.

1. buzz4me2

buzz4me2 New Member

Hunted:
    Newfoundland, SA, Oregon, California, Utah, Montana, Wyoming
    Hello,
    I'm looking for any information one might have with Safari Taxidermy. They are in the Limpopo region and the taxidermist that my PH is using.

This will be my first trip to SA and I'm hoping to take a Nyala, Kudo, Wart Hog, Impala, and Eland. I will be getting a European mount for all the animals, except for the Nyala. I was hoping to have the hide either dipped/packed or tanned in SA and then shipped to SFO. I'm hoping to ship the hide, with the Euro mounts, to the states to where my taxidermist would do a shoulder mount.

If you have any experience with these folks please let me know. I've done some research and have heard Trophy Pro SA, Trophy Solutions, and Bullseye taxidermy getting some good press here. However since this isn't the prefered taxidermist by my PH I'm not sure how it will work out if I want to use someone else. Any suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    The big reason the taxidermist is preferred is probably because of the huge cut of the action he will receive for you doing business with them.

3. Safari Afrika

Safari Afrika AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    PHASA - RMEF
    Hunted:
    South Africa - Botswana - Zimbabwe - USA - Namibia
    Doing European mounts is not much more than dip and pack ! It would be the best and cheapest option to do the European in SA . If you prefer the Nyala could be done in the USA . It would be way cheaper to have whatever skins you want also tanned in South Africa . Otherwise you will have dip and pack costs and then tanning in the States . I do not use Safari but know them and they do a great job ! I use Trophy Solutions but on Europeans it will make no difference who you use ! Hope it helps !