Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
life member NAHC NRA
Hunted
US, RSA, ZIM
Our RSA PH is suggesting we go to the Tete, Mozambique area next since we've hunted RSA and Zim. We've read that the infrastructure isn't great there and just wondering how hunting has recently gone there. Wondering about the infrastructure (availability of goods, etc) and also about the trophy quality. I'm looking at buffalo and/or elephant & plains game...whatever is good in that area. Just looking for some unbiased opinions.

Jamie,

I hunted in Moz last year south of Tete. Infrastructure was decent, roads OK, scary driving at night. Stores, even in the small towns, were stocked.

If you are hunting elephant in Moz the ivory cannot be imported in to the US.

I also read that Moz may increase the license fees (not trophy fees) charged by the government. On a DG hunt with some plains game it could add several thousand dollars to the cost of the hunt. It will surely be an interesting topic of conversation at DSC and SCI.

Jamie,

Use to do PAC for Fauna Bravia de Florestas on contract in the area, buff use to be plentifull and pretty much the norm as far as quality on a free roaming area was concerned.

Ele can not be exported to the US but can go to Canada, and pretty much anywhere else on this planet.

Depending on blocks and outfitter goods should not be of any concern to you a good solid outfit will make a plan to have all in camp even if it needs to be parrachuted in there!

Hunting can be tough but its worth it.

You should be good!

Our RSA PH is suggesting we go to the Tete, Moz area next since we've hunted RSA and Zim.

Jamie, being a little paranoid for you.
RSA PH into another country???
Who is the Licensed PH and Outfitter going to be in Moz?
Make sure it is legit and not just a "local" setting up shop without a license.

Minuses- Ivory is staying in Moz, you can't take it home with you to the USA.
[You can send it to me though :) ]

Other than that; Another country, another hunt and have fun!

Its our understanding that Moz recognizes RSA PH's so not needing a Moz PH. It's too bad about the ivory but I was hoping the buff were good and at least fairly plentiful. I've read a lot of articles saying the animal pop really took a hit a few years back and wondering how much it has recovered.

I would consider Buffalo only plentiful in a few areas in Moz such as a few Zambezi Delta and core Niassa Reserve hunting areas.
Be careful! Even in areas close to the great Niassa Reserve may only have small numbers if any Buffalo. This goes for most areas in Moz.

Moz recognizes SA PH qualification and will issue a Moz PH license to the SA PH on the strength of a current SA licence subject to the same restrictions as reflected on the PH's SA licence and the payment of the annual licence fee.
This would effectively make him a licenced PH in Moz, and legally allowed to hunt with clients.
The hunt would still need to take place under the auspices of a Moz registered outfitter though for it to be legal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross