Anyone ever use Nylstroom Taxidermy in S.A?

Discussion in 'Taxidermy' started by 6thtexas, Feb 23, 2013.

1. 6thtexas

6thtexas New Member

I have my first rrip to Africa coming up in July . The outfitter recommens Trophy Pro SA for the dipping, packing, etc. I have been in correspondence with
    them and understand that they use Nylstroom Taxidermy for full taxidermy work. Anyone have any experience with them? What research I've done on them
    appears very favorable. What the wife and I would like to have done is:

Shoulder mounts-kudu, gemsbok, bush buck
    Euro mounts-impala, blesbok
    full tanned hides-zebra, impala, blesbok
    and warthog tusks on a plaque

This list, of course is subject to change depending on how the hunt goes
  2. milford

milford AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    fish and game Sci DU
    Hunted:
    USA Canada south africa
    Nylstroom

Paul does great work , I have had 4 shoulder mounts and a Zebra rug done and all were great I will be going back in July also and plan on useing him
  3. Bhfs300

Bhfs300 AH Member

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    USA Canada South Africa
    [​IMG]

I have been back from my dream trip to South Africa for a hunt last October 2012. The place that I hunted with used Nylstroom Taxidermy for their clients. I had talked to past clients that had concerns that they did not use their cape for their mount so I was a little concerned about mine. I tried to get Paul to send me pictures of what had been done on the one shoulder mount that I was having done. I could not get any reply from him. I sent an Email to the people that I hunted with and they forwarded it to Paul with my comments from above. The next day I got a picture of my only shoulder mount and kudu. and it was my cape but it was saposto be a right mount and it was a left mount. it was in its last stage and was about a month after they said it would be done so I didn't reply. several weeks later I got a phone call from Paul saying when they were doing the crate he saw that the head was backwards I said I just wanted it sent and they? decided that I should get some kind of refund for their mistake. I though that was a nice thing for them to do. When I got the heads a week ago I could not believe what the ears looked like. I sent an Email to Paul asking if there was anything that could be done to fix the hair that was sticking straight out and that the ears looked like the were blown up like a balloon. As in the past there has not been a single reply from Paul om anything. If this is to late and Paul has your heads I would get on his case to send you some pictures to let you see if they are correct before it is to late. If you have any questions reply back. I will check the web site.

Tom:(

4. 6thtexas

6thtexas New Member

We wound up not using anyone in South Africa. Once we got over there, the wife decided to have everything but the zebra and the warthog done as shoulder mounts. I figured the extra freight on them would negate any savings on having the work done over there. Also Trophy Pro SA had quit using Nylstroom and is now using someone I had no information on.
  5. Cliffy

Cliffy AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
    Sorry to hear of problems. I used Bullseye Taxidermy in SA a couple years ago for 3 heads and was VERY pleased with the way the came out. Very good work.
  6. Bhfs300

Bhfs300 AH Member

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    USA Canada South Africa
    HI
    I just found this posting on the web has your Taxidermist received your trophies yet? check this outhttp://dickstaxidermyhuntreport.blogspot.com/p/water-based-dip-is-train-wreck-we-have.html
    Hope you don't have any problems.
    Tom