AUSTRALIA: Has Anyone Hunted With Peter Hudson Of Trophy Deer Hunting Australia?

Wildside Outdoors

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
RMEF, NWTF, SCI
Hunted
South Africa, Botswana, USA- AK, WY, UT, CO, TX, GA, FL, NC, TN, OH, IL, IN, MO, MI, and good ole KY.
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Wildside, but I cannot be of any assistance as I do not know the fellow in question, nor have I ever heard of his outfit.
This is not in any way to suggest that there is anything wrong with his outfit, or him, only that I am not familiar with the operation and am therefore not in a position to provide any feedback.

I looked at his web site before responding and see he operates his hunts at Water Valley Station in Sth Australia.
I am familiar with this Station and can assure you there is no shortage of animals there, and some exceptional examples of Red, Fallow etc too.
You would need to encounter some fairly irregular circumstances to have an unsuccessful hunt when hunting Water Valley.

Here in Australia, Water Valley Station is generally considered a "game-ranch" property (high fence), a fact I mention in the interests of full disclosure only and not to cast any comment, or opinion, on high fence hunting.
The property itself is immense in physical size and some of the deer that reside within its boundaries are more wild, for example the fallow deer, than the same species located in other areas that are "free-range".
I guided many hunts there in the past when the property first opened up years ago.

My recommendation to you would be the same as a request made about any outfitter anywhere for any hunt.
# Do your homework
# ask questions of everything that is important to you
# ask for RECENT references and CALL THEM
# ensure you have a proper working contract limiting liability
# request details of, and verify currency, a Corporate Licence & Public liability Insurance cover
(both minimum requirements of all commercial outfitters in Australia and must be current for the State where the hunt is to be conducted).

Australia is a great place to visit and hunt (biased) and Water Valley would be an eye opener for you.

I see on his web site he suggests you may see hundreds of deer daily, having been there myself, I would suggest he is being conservative.

Good luck with your planning and, eventually, your hunt.

Paul.

same thing
never heard of this bloke or the hunts he offers,
at water valley , you always get your deer .............

Keep us updated on anything you find out, thanks.

Thanks for the reply gentlemen! I received an email back from my original inquiry this morning and will be continuing to research and contact references on behalf of this possible hunt. My original concerns were the lack of a truly professional website (which doesn't always mean anything) and the fact that the prices seemed almost "too good".

Hi Wildside , can fully understand your query !
Never seen prices on trophy fees that low , and we do loads of Deer hunts in the south of Oz .
Looking at the photos on his web page , you get what you pay for .

Good luck with your trip , make sure to look into details
DB

Last edited by a moderator:
no siree, where we are going we will be working for a samba ........

Thanks for the reply gentlemen! I received an email back from my original inquiry this morning and will be continuing to research and contact references on behalf of this possible hunt. My original concerns were the lack of a truly professional website (which doesn't always mean anything) and the fact that the prices seemed almost "too good".

the prices I seen were from 2007 ,on the site........
there plenty of good outfits to try in Australia, just keep searching wildside .
if you have any questions , on the hunts offered just post em up here .
theres always a few aussies on here .......
that more than likely know of the outfit, and will have some opinion to share....
if your wanting a red deer stag id be looking more at new Zealand ,mate .
theres plenty of them here , but nothing like them kiwi models ..........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,