Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, DSC Life, NRA Life, NAHC Life, Trout Unlimited
Hunted
South Africa. AK, CA, FL, GA, KS, SC, CO, MO, PA, ID, VA, WY, TX
Bottom Line Up Front (BLUF): Any US-based agents willing to send a couple hunt brochures my way?

I took my father to RSA in '13 and we had a blast. I took a buff, zebra, and some plains game and he, as an observer, took a Blue Wildebeest. Hunting was good, as expected, but our highlights were evening meals. campfires, drinks, and drinking in the culture, people, and country. Fast forward a few years...

One of my hunting buddies is finally convinced he needs to get to Africa and that I need to make it happen. He's a true Africa-phile(?) even going so far as to listen to Rhodesian Scouts ballads on his CD player. He's a student of Africa. At 65 YOA, and on a retired prison warden's pension, he's interested in keeping his costs down. Not sure yet if this hunt will be DG (for me) and PG (for him) or if we'll both do PG. I like the idea of flying into Johannesburg and driving a few hours, but am not wedded to it. I may bring along another friend on my dime. He lets me hunt his land, refusing any payment at all. He too is older than me, but tough as rawhide and an amazing shot, hitting clay pigeons (on a target board) with his rifle at 560 yds.

Here's my dilemma. My 65 YOA friend is old-school. His GPS is a bit too technical so getting him to look over web-sites is a bridge too far. I'm going to drop off a stack of SCI, African Hunting Gazette, and African Outfitter Magazines, but a few brochures of the right places in RSA might get the ball rolling. His wife says she's willing to eat beans for a while to help finance his dream hunt.

Sound as like you need a real good color printer sir!

Sound as like you need a real good color printer sir!
Perhaps, as a last resort. Wife's a Disney fan and all-too-quickly agreed we should go to Disney in January...where there just so happens to be an African Hunting Gazette safari expo; met my previous PH at a similar event when AHG had a show in Charlotte, NC.

Bottom Line Up Front (BLUF): Any US-based agents willing to send a couple hunt brochures my way?

I took my father to RSA in '13 and we had a blast. I took a buff, zebra, and some plains game and he, as an observer, took a Blue Wildebeest. Hunting was good, as expected, but our highlights were evening meals. campfires, drinks, and drinking in the culture, people, and country. Fast forward a few years...

One of my hunting buddies is finally convinced he needs to get to Africa and that I need to make it happen. He's a true Africa-phile(?) even going so far as to listen to Rhodesian Scouts ballads on his CD player. He's a student of Africa. At 65 YOA, and on a retired prison warden's pension, he's interested in keeping his costs down. Not sure yet if this hunt will be DG (for me) and PG (for him) or if we'll both do PG. I like the idea of flying into Johannesburg and driving a few hours, but am not wedded to it. I may bring along another friend on my dime. He lets me hunt his land, refusing any payment at all. He too is older than me, but tough as rawhide and an amazing shot, hitting clay pigeons (on a target board) with his rifle at 560 yds.

Here's my dilemma. My 65 YOA friend is old-school. His GPS is a bit too technical so getting him to look over web-sites is a bridge too far. I'm going to drop off a stack of SCI, African Hunting Gazette, and African Outfitter Magazines, but a few brochures of the right places in RSA might get the ball rolling. His wife says she's willing to eat beans for a while to help finance his dream hunt.

Let me see if Pieter can email me one I can print out. WE would be glad to help you come up with a hunt that would fit the budget. Pieter goes out of his way for the working class hunters and gives the most I have seen for the money. It may take a few day but I will get you some info on paper you can share with him. We are 90 minutes out of jo-burg so not to far of a drive. Pm me a mailing address to send the info if you don't mind.

Thanks Billc

Sounds like you are look for a good hunt with dangerous game and plain game. I would recommend Martin Pieters Safari an Nyamazana Safari in Zimbabwe. They offer dangerous game and plains game without fences for affordable prices.

I'm sure there are a few outfitters willing to help make this hunt come true.
We have a brochure we can email and you can print it out. Send me a private message with your email address or email me directly dave@leopardsvalley.co.za

A quick question though, you mentioned your great hunt ealier , why are you not considering your original outfitter ?
Regards
Dave

A quick question though, you mentioned your great hunt earlier , why are you not considering your original outfitter ?
Regards
Dave

Dave - I'm considering my first hunt PH/outfit again, but am interested in seeing what else is available and talking over must-haves, nice-to-haves, and can't-haves with my buddy. I enjoy meeting new folks, seeing new country, and hunting new game.

Thank you sir.
Fair answer. Being an outfitter I try to keep as many return clients happy as possible. I just wanted to see if there was anything I could learn from your experience.
Hunting regards
Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!