Any info on Newfounldland moose hunting

DCN…How were the Caribou bull numbers at Red Indian?

Gvincent,
Thanks for the advise I have already started the training ,my hunt is remote so I will be putting in the hard yards on this one to get the best experience I can of Newfoundland hunting.
Im been looking for some new boots for this trip and rain gear .

Although hunts are run well into October, all my guides said last week in September is peak rut for the Lewisporte/Gander area. Its tough going so hike some miles in your rubber boots.

DCN…How were the Caribou bull numbers at Red Indian?

I didn't hunt with Red Indian, I was hunting in the same area and saw two monster moose that they took out in late October (well after the rut). I also saw several other monster moose (realizing that moose are smaller in NL to begin with) in the very same area.

As for your question, I shot my Woodland in the remote ARGO only area that red Indiana lake also hunts. Not many people get back that far out because of the difficulty getting back there (we took 2 ARGOs and had to abandon one). Once I figure out how to post I will put up a picture or two. We were in the area only one day. It was a crazy 5 hour ARGO ride in and another 5 hours out and a 20 something hour day when all was said and done. I was hunting with another fellow. We both took Woodland stags that day. They were the only two stags we saw all day. Similar to Quebec, the caribou numbers are down in NL. If you want a Woodland Caribou, get on it ASAP as I believe that if things don't improve soon, the hunt will be closed to non-NL residents. It isn't a turkey shoot. That said, with a week focusing solely on Woodland in this area, I'm confident you would tag a nice one. Like I said, we were in and out of the area in a single day. We saw two stags and took them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarrettAlfred

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross