Any Hunting Trophy Picture Tips Or Advice

Thank you for posting this great and well needed article. I see a lot i company's posting pics where clients are holding on to horns and blood all over the animals. From my point of view this is not very profesional, when you spend the money to come to Africa and hunt you would expect the profesionalism also being in the taking of pictures.

My experience with smaller animals like springbuck, steenbuck, bushbuck etc. is to elevate the animal a bit. Set it up on a nice ant hill or big rock and have only the client hold the head up with the horns silhoutted by the blue clear sky in the back ground. You then also get a shoulder and head shot of the client, I do not think it is neccesary to get a full body shot of the client and animal.... The photo is actually about the animal. Here is some pics I took with this method...

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Jacques,
thats a very good advise..., thank you very much.

I think when it comes to taking pictures, you can see how professional your PH/outfitter/guide is.
If they take their time, try to set the scene, clean the area a bit, if the go down on their knees, or even lay down in front of you, and try everything for really nice pics...
that the one you should hunt with ...

(I am looking for a picture that show exactly that.... will post it when i find it)

Jacques,

Thanks for the tips my friend , very fine trophy heads & snaps .....

Monish

Thank you for your kind words guys. I have attached a photo on how we do it, on this particulor hunt we had a filming crew with us so they took all the pictures but the way I wanted them to be taken.

Sometimes I have to apoligize to the clients as I am taking longer to set up the animal and getting good pics than it took to shoot it! hehehe

Thank you,

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Jacques,

But you make your clients hunt a fine trophy & have a immaculate photo clicked .. Those precious moments can never be reversed, but framed in, for a everlasting memory.... hard work does pay!!

Monish

Monish,

Thank you for the kind words my friend I appreciate it very much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arecruitment880

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!