Any help with becoming a professional hunter?

is that how you say "what off season?"

I have seen a few holiday pictures for PH's, but most have to work very hard for a very long time to sit beside these pools in an "off season". :)
So, yes!

I have seen a few holiday pictures for PH's, but most have to work very hard for a very long time to sit beside these pools in an "off season". :)
So, yes!

so does a PH typically go to another country and hunt during the off season or do they just get a job at burger king, lol

so does a PH typically go to another country and hunt during the off season or do they just get a job at burger king, lol

After you take that PH course this question will seem a little strange to you.
With CAE's you can hunt ALL YEAR in RSA! (You look up CAE) :)
There are seasons in some countries though.

Here is my take for you:
The "Glory" side, "chasing critters", is actually a very small part of your job.
Just imagine all the other work that needs to be done on a farm and add a bunch more. It never ends!

If they required a mental examination as part of the PH licensing process, I am certain you would find they are all just a little nuts! :wacky:

FWIW, I'm the author of 'How To Become A Professional Hunter In Africa' (amongst other things) and have to warn you that you shouldn't expect to get anywhere near rich by working as a hired PH..... you'll only be paid for the days you hunt and only be well paid when you get to the very top of the profession.

If you want to make anything more than a smallish salary you'll need to establish your own safari company and then build it's reputation. Don't expect it to be easy or a fast process but if you're willing to work hard at it, you'll have a lot of fun and probably make a living at the same time.

The book would be a good start in giving you the knowledge required and feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.

I should add that RSA has for some years applied the Aliens Act of 1937 to prevent non residents from sitting the legal paper of the PH qualification AND working as a PH within RSA so if you don't have permanent residency then you can't work as a PH in RSA....... that said, the course itself is a good start to gaining some of the necessary experience and knowledge needed to work in the industry.

Hello, I am from the united states and would like to become a professional hunter in Africa but have no idea where to start, i have attended a hunting guide school in Montana but have not seen any in Africa, if someone could please help me and give me an idea of where to get started i would be very grateful, i don't have much money to pay for another guide school in Africa, if i sold most of what i own i could come up with about $8,000 and I am willing to do that but i have no idea where to start, thanks, any help is appreciated

Schoeman Hunting Academy ! The best !
Kobus Schoeman is THE father of Professional Hunting in South Africa -
Ex Director of Nature Conservation in South Africa, a solid Christian, a PHENOMINAL Hunter, a walking encyclopaedia of every living thing in the South African bush and with SEVERAL HUNDRED big game kills to his credit - and also an absolute gentleman to boot ! I can also state quite categorically - One of the finest men I have ever met !
I had the honour of studying my trade under this fine man ! You would be doing yourself a dis-service by not training under him !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeannaStro

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,