Any Bulawayo lodging/food info?

joester

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
No. Amer. Moose Foundation, Mule Deer Found; RMEF (life Member), SCI, NRA, RGS, NWTF, PF, DU, Izaac Walton League, Nat'l. Trappers Assoc.
Hunted
US / Canada/Namibia/Moz/Zim
My wife & I will be spending a day/night in Bulawayo on our way to a hunt... What are presently the best hotel(s) & places to eat & buy local crafts (local-made knives, elephant hair bracelets, etc.) We know about Vic Falls & other "main" attractions...We've been to 40+ countries & enjoy checking out the non-Frommer's- guide local culture...I take it that its pretty safe by day??

Hello Joester.have a look at the Nesbitt Castle.Really a very nice place and a very nice trophy room.Have a look at The Nesbitt Castle | Bulawayo You wont be diisapointed! Probably the best in Bulawayo.Great food also.Always a good idea to eat at the place you are staying thus avoiding travel at night in an unknown city! The natural history museum used to be very interesting,dont know how it looks nowadays.

Thanks, my wife was leaning toward that place and now you've sealed the deal for us...

Joester, If you are in a position to travel have a look at a place called the Big Cave. About 50 km south of Bulawayo in Mtopos hills.

Although we did not stay there (only had lunch) the Bulawayo Club may be worth a look.

The place to go shopping for the things you want is a place called Fazzaks.

Many thanks, more places for out itinerary!

Nesbitt is great but eat out at '26 on Park' restaurant...Your hunt operator will look after you anyhow! Who you gonna hunt with?

We're kicking around Bulawayo on our own, before our hunt begins...we booked thru John Sharp for the Bubye ... Thanks for your tip!

Have a beer and dinner at Busters. You may run in to a famous PH or two.

We're kicking around Bulawayo on our own, before our hunt begins...we booked thru John Sharp for the Bubye ... Thanks for your tip!
Joester, seriously, John is an awesome guy, just ask him to sort out your Byo arrangements for you! He will have 'preferred suppliers' so to speak that look after his clients! With his say so you'll get excellent service I'm sure! I live here in Byo so feel free to ask away!

Thanks, Ole; We won't be hunting w/John, but he's hooked us up w/PH & lodging. When I em'd asking about places in Byo he suggested we go see Vic Falls instead; but we want to spend a day/night stay in Byo- - not looking for sites outside of town, just a couple eating/shopping spots...We'll stay @ the Castle...Are you from Byo originally?

Yeah Old Byo family! When you gonna come? If I'm in town I'll gladly show you the lights - such as they are!

We're there next July; I'll be in touch...Thanks again, Ole

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg