Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life member, Nature Conservancy, Dallas Safari Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Canada, Mexico, United States, Louisiana
Hello,
I recently joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I am primarily a bird hunter but have taken mule deer, whitetails, antelope and moose. I am now in the process of planning my first Africa hunt to South Africa for 2011. I've read a number of threads on this forum and have decided to extend my trip to at least two weeks if not longer. I will be focusing on plains game and some bird hunting but may also investigate any fly fishing available.

I appreciate any suggestions/input others might have on maximizing my "bucket list" adventure.

Thanks,
Karl

Welcome Karl!

Welcome to AH Karl! Some outfitters will be able to combine your plains game hunt very nicely with some pretty good bird hunting for the more common bird species found in South Africa. Basically during the time of your hunt, you will set priorities between your plains game hunt and the bird shoots which can take an hour or two at a time.

South Africa is also the place where bird shooting fanatics go to hunt and collect various bird species due to the extensive variety of birds that can be found there. If you are looking at doing something more extensive in that regard, I would suggest doing your bird hunting for a few days independently to your plains game hunt and going with someone that specializes in bird hunting.

To see the bird species that are available in South AFrica, click here.

Welcome to the Forum Karl.

I can surely help you on hunting plains game, Fly fishing for Tiger fish on Lake Jozini and to shoot a couple of birds. Although the bird hunting will not take place on our property but I know a few good areas where you can have fun.

If you should be interested please drop me a mail.

Thanks.

Welcome aboard Karl. Nice user name by the way. :)

nd

Welcome to the AH forum Karl hope you get all the info for your future Safari in Africa

happy hunting 2011

Monish

Welcome. Just a note of interest. South Africa has not nearly the numbers of waterfowl as found in North America, but there are many different species, as well as various species of francolins (spurfowl) and guineafowl.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyBelai

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross