Another New Member

Besids this site which is great you might want to try The Hunting Report Newsletter site, it requires a subscription but is well worth the price. Between it and this site you can learn all you need to.
I used Cabelas for my first trip but have done my subsequent trips my self, of course not everyone becomes as addicted to hunting in Africa as I am!
One word of caution based on my experience and that of friends who I have hunted with, unless you are a better person than we are and have stronger willpower sticking to a proposed list of trophies won't happen once you arrive. Everyone I have gone with has shot more than they intended to!
Good hunting and you will love Africa!!!

Yea Im thinking I need to go with some extra green because I have heard that before. And I know my willpower sucks lol

Has anyone had any experiance with either:Omujeve Hunting Safaris-Kruger's or
SA Hunting Safaris- Willie Roux?

I have been told they are both very good by some others.

Hi NM Hunter

Welcome to AH this is a great web site and its good to have you on board.

If I can be of any help please don’t hesitate to contact me.
We have a great special out and it will be great for first time Africa hunters.

Cheers Louis:D

Werner, What you have said is somewhat correct...

The Impala is endemic to some parts of Namibia such as the Caprivi and part of the Kavango region. In South Africa, Impala are also endemic to only some regions, mostly Limpopo and Swaziland. This species has been reintroduced widely, both in private areas and nature reserves throughout most of South Africa and Namibia.

Black Wildebeest have been almost completely exterminated, the natural populations of this species is found in the Free State of South Africa, but the species has been reintroduced widely, both in private areas and nature reserves in South Africa and introduced throughout most of South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Namibia.

Blesbok are endemic to South Africa, although natural populations of this species is found only in some regions such as North West, Free State, Eastern Cape, Gauteng, Kwazulu Natal and Mpumalanga. The species has been introduced widely to both private areas and nature reserves throughout most of South Africa and Namibia.

Obviously animals do not see boundaries or country limits as we have defined them, therefore if it is your goal to only hunt truly endemic species you would have to travel to at least a couple of region in South Africa or a region in South Africa and Namibia to accomplish this.

Personally if an animal has been introduced to an area of South Africa or Namibia and can be hunted there, there is no difference...

Jerome

I agree with the natural distributions you have given for the various species. E.g. common impala do occur in the Caprivi but not in central Namibia where most people hunt. I didn't want to go into all the finer details. The woodlands in Caprivi and the arid savanna in central Namibia are two totally different ecoregions and species should not be moved into other regions (even if its in the same country). The problem is that nobody has researched (or knows) the impact on other species, distribution of diseases, the vegetation, becoming a pest species etc.

Werner

Hi! welcome to the world of Africa Hunting, ud enjoy being part of this family WELCOME AGAIN!!!

Monish

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg