Another New Member from Ontario, Canada

Turkeyslayer 1300

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm a young Hunter from Eastern Ontario, Canada. At the moment I am still in post secondary school and have been researching Africa and the possibilities available for some "inexpensive" and diverse hunting opportunities in the future.

I have to admit I became interested through various older books on the subject, but after research and more reading I have discovered that antelope and other "smaller" game hold my interest as much as dangerous game.

Given my blue-collar background the more expensive hunts are out of reach for quite a while but I hope to take several trip instead of one large one to get my dose of Africa.

I hope to learn alot.

Welcome to AH! Africa is affordable. You just have to save money and keep the dream alive.

Welcome to AH Turkeyslayer 1300!

Welcome to AH Turkeyslayer 1300! Enjoy the site and work to live the dream it's worth it.

Welcome to AH. Enjoy the sight, you can learn alot on here. Keep the dream alive.

Welcome. I would also rather enjoy 5 small safaris over 1 big one as well, however... once you get there hold onto your wallet tightly it can get away from you before you know it!

Thanks for the Replies Fellows.

I am hoping I can contribute to the Forum in some small way, why I am still green when it comes to big game I have alot of experience with Canadian Waterfowl and Upland Game.

If I ever make it to Africa I will hopefully be able to chase a few birds with the scattergun.

Welcome Turkeyslayer, i am from the same neck of the woods as you and have picked up alot of info as i plan my first safari for 2013. Africa will cost some money, but is achievable. In the meantime enjoy the great hunting in Ontario, having just moved here i took my first turkeys last year.

Welcome to the forum, Turkeyslayer !

Turkeyslayer, have fun dreaming, reading and planning.

Welcome. Share the current hunting tales and pictures of your pre-Africa hunts.

Welcome to the forum Turkeyslayer!

All the best with planning your trip in the future!

Best Regards
Marius Goosen

Welcome to the forum turkeyslayer. You know they have a "great big turkeys" in Africa.
Maybe your new name will be ostrichslayer.

Dear Sir
Enjoy getting involved in this Forum. Enjoy the participation. Enjoy gathering information for a possible future safari...perhaps to Namibia, Africa...

Welcome. Looks like we are all going to have to start working on our accents...Eh.

Welcome, you'll enjoy this forum.

welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg