IMG_0862_zps75lr5ckk.jpg
IMG_0865_zpsewkmyjkb.jpg
IMG_0861_zpsi8sahrte.jpg
IMG_0827_zpsg7aovrlt.jpg
IMG_0860_zpsykxuyafk.jpg
IMG_0860_zpsykxuyafk-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very impressed with your demaske's!

Great work, something different that would compliment any trophy room.

I like it, but I like your zebra demaske more. I like how you think "outside of the box".

BTW, how do you suggest I get creases from shipping out of my zebra, blesbok and impala rugs?

It was suggested by gently ironing with a moist cloth? The rugs are felt backed. Thanks.

Oh my, that is gorgeous! Stunning, I love it!

AB if they are felt backed your not going to be happy'
Gravity will have to do it over time.
The iron will work but not well because you can't get the suede side of the skin
If they were not backed then a steam iron would work , but thru the hair side the steam can't penetrate the fiber of the leather to do much good. Try it , it will help some but not the best fix for them.
And if those africans just hot glued the felt on your going to loose it when you iron it and heat the glue up and risk the chance of glue bleed into the skin and the felt.
Experiment on one skin that you may mess up a little and see what you can do.

Dennis - that is truly awesome. Had I know about doing a Demaske when I got my bushbuck, I certainly would have considered it.

Beautiful!

AB if they are felt backed your not going to be happy'
Gravity will have to do it over time.
The iron will work but not well because you can't get the suede side of the skin
If they were not backed then a steam iron would work , but thru the hair side the steam can't penetrate the fiber of the leather to do much good. Try it , it will help some but not the best fix for them.
And if those africans just hot glued the felt on your going to loose it when you iron it and heat the glue up and risk the chance of glue bleed into the skin and the felt.
Experiment on one skin that you may mess up a little and see what you can do.

Thanks. I've had them laid out for 3 months and the creases have not dissipated fully. Not sure why they had them folded up so tightly and then packed in plastic. It was like unpacking a tablecloth. I brought back a felt backed springbok hide I had purchased at Cambanos & Son and transported it loosely folded in a carry-on dufflebag. No issues at all.

One difference is that these rugs were done in early December, but did not arrive until mid April. Still not sure why they were tightly folded, the crate had plenty of space.

I appreciate the quality of the work and the detail that has gone into it, however, I have to say it is not to my taste at all. It has a bit of a look like it has been run over and squashed. Again, the work is very good I'm just not a fan of the design.

Thank you UKHunter. I do appreciate your comments.
Their is an age old saying....
"It isn't art till someone doesn't like it"
Thanks for the compliment on the quality of the piece , even tho it's not your cup of tea.
All my work has a standard I strive to attain everyday.
I work with many different clients tastes everyday in my studio . Each has their likes and dislikes and I work with all of them to satisfy each ones expectations of the finished mount and design, even with the convention taxidermy mounts. Some like pedestals other don't, some like regular shoulder mounts other want wall pedestals. Working on each type is what makes my days all different.

Very neat, but I will have to say that I LOVE the zebra........the bushbuck, not so much. It would be neat to see all of the different species in such to see which ones it "works for" and which ones it doesnt. Definitely need alot of body pattern/color to pull it off. As usual, way to think outside of the box! I remember when we first started the rock and drift wood busts here. Some loved it, some hated it, some just weren't willing to pay for it......... to each their own! That's what separates run-of-the-mill taxidermy from artwork!

Real beautiful work Dennis! You are an artist not a taxidermist.

R.

I have to agree that your work is as good as I have seen. The bushpig mount in another was crazy good as well. And that is not an animal I really liked to begin with. Great work. Please continue to show your work on this site

Looks great!
How big is the map backing for this one?

It looks great, I like the walnut wood , it blends in well with the Bushbuck. Forrest

I appreciate the quality of the work and the detail that has gone into it, however, I have to say it is not to my taste at all. It has a bit of a look like it has been run over and squashed. Again, the work is very good I'm just not a fan of the design.
+1 Pretty much a traditionalist with guns, a wife, and taxidermy.

nice work Dennis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
majisman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross