Another "Canuck" from Canada

Welcome Julian! Saw you stopped by a few threads and made some great contributions already! Your looking to be a great addition, very glad you joined.

Here is an African Monarch. http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/95...-rifle-scope-1-4x-20mm-german-4-reticle-matte Low cost, looks like a great scope for the money, lots of eye relief and field of view! Now if it just had an illuminated recital it might be near perfect for that 404....

However you mentioned possibly going to a red dot.. why not get the best of both Worlds and go to a scope with illuminated recital? Mid range there is the Zeiss Duralite, Leupold VXR 1-4 and many others and even a VX3 1.5-5 illuminated, and have not tried one but even the new Weaver Grand Slam.

Go up just a tad and get into a Leupold VX6 1-6 firedot 4 (try to look through one before you buy!) I think it comes comes close enough to a Z6i 1-6 for almost 1/3rd the money. And look into a Trijicon 1-4 (all 3 of these are 30mm tubes)

Welcome aboard, you'll love this site!!

Welcome Julian! Saw you stopped by a few threads and made some great contributions already! Your looking to be a great addition, very glad you joined.

Here is an African Monarch. http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/95...-rifle-scope-1-4x-20mm-german-4-reticle-matte Low cost, looks like a great scope for the money, lots of eye relief and field of view! Now if it just had an illuminated recital it might be near perfect for that 404....

However you mentioned possibly going to a red dot.. why not get the best of both Worlds and go to a scope with illuminated recital? Mid range there is the Zeiss Duralite, Leupold VXR 1-4 and many others and even a VX3 1.5-5 illuminated, and have not tried one but even the new Weaver Grand Slam.

Go up just a tad and get into a Leupold VX6 1-6 firedot 4 (try to look through one before you buy!) I think it comes comes close enough to a Z6i 1-6 for almost 1/3rd the money. And look into a Trijicon 1-4 (all 3 of these are 30mm tubes)
Decisions....decisions.....Thanks for the input

Welcome to AH Julian.

DOC's fave and he might be able to give you a suggestion.

Look forward to pictures of the build when it's done.

Welcome! Agree with Brickburn, this is the perfect "ask the DOC" question.

Welcome to AH, Julian !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg