animal gluttony kill ???

Discussion in 'Humorous Jokes, Stories or Pictures' started by observe, Jul 17, 2011.

1. observe

observe CONTRIBUTOR AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SAHGCA [Skilled Hunter qualified-Cum Laude], Handgun Hunters Assosiation of SA, Bowhunting, SAGA, Provincial Heavy caliber target shooting teams, Bisley qualified, Army sharpshooter rifle & pistol qualified, ...
    Hunted:
    R.S.A,Namibia,Venda
    someone recently told me about a python who cought a biggish crocodile that he could barely manage.
    ofter swallowing this huge meal,apparently the python could not move for some days.
    so it just lay there in the sun for a couple of days,while the crocodile in its stomach start to 'blow up' in the heat.
    evantually the skin of the python could not 'stretch' anymore and it burst-killing it instantly!

can this be true?
    if so,any other animal/reptile it also happened with?

python.jpg

any PH, vet or knowledgable expert out there that can confirm or deny this for me?

i know some animals eat as much as possible when food is available [maybe only once or twice a year], but gluttony till it die?

2. owenowen

owenowen AH Veteran

Hunted:
    South Africa, Mozambique, Zambia, Botswana, Namibia
    HI there,

Yes this can be true. All depends on the crocs health at the time of being taken by the snake. I have even seen a big catfish about 15 kg's with a huge dead puff adder in its mouth prob choked on it, so these rare occasions do happen. Even when the snakes take animals with horns they can sometimes pierce right through the snake and die later.

3. observe

observe CONTRIBUTOR AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SAHGCA [Skilled Hunter qualified-Cum Laude], Handgun Hunters Assosiation of SA, Bowhunting, SAGA, Provincial Heavy caliber target shooting teams, Bisley qualified, Army sharpshooter rifle & pistol qualified, ...
    Hunted:
    R.S.A,Namibia,Venda
    thanks owen

this is a very interesting obsevation that you had!

could the puff adder have killed the catfish?
    [poison- biting the catfish while fighting back?]

4. Red Leg

Red Leg GOLD SUPPORTER AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI NRA DSC life memberships
    Hunted:
    Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique
  5. owenowen

owenowen AH Veteran

Hunted:
    South Africa, Mozambique, Zambia, Botswana, Namibia
    Hi there, in that case the puff adder must have been choked and dried out in the sun ( or bitten as u say ) for about a day or two because in some other case when the snake was removed from the catfish they still survive and swim away.

cheers

6. James.Grage

James.Grage GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
    Hunted:
    USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe
    redleg

i have seen that one on television many time and it has made the rounds on the internet...

it will be just a matter of time before they start losing children and young adults (drunk) to the python in Florida and other near by states.