And the long trek begins

Really looking forward to pictures and a report. Are using the GS Customs?

In the Atlanta departure lounge after re-clearing my gun with TSA. I suppose the CBP clearing it in Montreal wasn't enough. And again through security.

I'm using factory Remington 160 swift a-frames. Since they are going to be forgotten at the camp ;). I brought the 7mm just in case they lose my luggage because there is no 300wsm in SA.

Good luck. I leave for Namibia two weeks today. This forum has been of incredible assistance to so many hunters. I look forward to your report and some photos!

Well folks first day and holy crap. Two very old males cut from the herd. Bloody monsters. I can't say enough about Ss pro.

IMG_1071.JPG
IMG_1080.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic!

Reactions: lcq
great start lcq, kicking goals from the start , keep it comming, mate

Wow great start to your trip. Hope the rest goes as well for you and you take some more monster stuff.

Heck of a start lcq! Those are a couple gorgeous animals (y) I want an Impala like that! :D

Looks like an awesome impala. Nice zebra too, keep up the good work!

You don't look like you melted yet.
Looks like some straight shooting has been happening.

Continued good luck.

Great start Icq, enjoy!
Mike

Great start ... that îs a smoking big impala! Awesome that you have a good enough connection to share your photos and stories with all of us who are living through your experiences. Maybe you can get a little sleep tonight!!!!!

Good start to your hunt. I agree with Scott that's a great impala!

Well I'll never say anything bad about Remington ammo. It was through and through on the zebra, the PH was surprised.

Since I have some time Scott was kind enough to let me watch a kudu roundup. It was an experience I'll never forget, like calf roping at the Calgary stampeded.

Bushbuck make hunting deer look like Childs play and we lost light on a very old and large wildebeest. He didn't get old by being stupid.

Off again

BTW Brick it is hotter than a whores heart on payday till about 3:30

IMG_1113.JPG
We My PH is certainly putting me on some quality animals. 12.5" bushbuck. Must have walked over 25km to finally get him.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW Brick it is hotter than a whores heart on payday till about 3:30

I know what you mean. Until you acclimatize you will feel like you are in an oven.
Was hiking in 22C yesterday and was shocked at how hot it felt. Africans will still be shivering...

IMG_1065.JPG
Doing lots of walking and climbing. Pig down but that old arrogant wildebeest keeps giving us the slip. He didn't get old by being stupid.

Those are the fun ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,