And now for something completley different... Mugabe comments on Cecil!

Black Lechwe

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
South Africa, Zambia, Botswana, Namibia
It's been an interesting week! Check out HIS trophy room!

Mugabe puts end to lion-hunt controversy

Harare, July 2015

2014-02-25-03.jpg

In a string of typically insane yet insightful comments, President Robert Mugabe (91) of Zimbabwe has weighed in on the recent controversy involving the alleged illegal trophy hunt of a popular Zimbabwean lion named Cecil.

Inspired by the South African anti-colonialism campaign, #RhodesMustFall, which recently lead to the removal of statues of long-forgotten ‘agents of colonialism’, Mugabe called the lion hunt a “step towards ending western Imperialism”.

“I have always strived to rid this country of any trace of colonialism. All we want to remain with is the grave of (Cecil John) Rhodes. Zimbabwe will go down in the history books as the place where the effects of imperialism were reversed, where it was totally destroyed, where no remnant of anything should remain”.

Speaking from his ivory and leopard-skin throne, Mugabe elaborated, “I don’t know what these people were thinking. Who names a lion after Rhodes? Did they not think some action would be taken? I would have expected scholars from Oxford to know their history”, referring to the research group who had named and followed this particular lion for many years.

When asked whether he thought the furore could damage Zimbabwe’s valuable hunting and eco-tourism industry, the elderly statesman quipped, “back when I was at Edinburgh, I used to joke with my chums that ‘there’s plenty more when that one came from’. Ah, those were the days…”

“Seriously though, we don’t really need tourists or hunters at all. Their economic impact is negligible, like imperialist farmers. No, our Chinese friends, they will pay handsomely for our resources. I’ve heard lion bones are highly sought-after for their witchcraft”.

“In fact, this plague of bunny-huggerism we are sitting with currently, it’s nothing but a ploy by Blair’s gang of homosexuals. He’s behind this, I’m telling you. Even Obama fears me, I have a small frame, but Obama trembles before me”.

On a final tirade while being wheeled off by his physicians, the senile-delinquent Mugabe shouted, “What has the West done with their animals? Where is the woolly rhinoceros, the passenger pigeon, the cave lion? Don’t come here with your ideas. Go to the zoo...”

When asked for his opinion, President Jacob Zuma of neighbouring South Africa only said “loving animals is a white-man thing”, before turning his attention back to issuing a tender for repairing goat-damage to the roof of the luxury chicken coop at his controversial multi-million-rand Nkandla compound.

(Disclaimer: much of this is paraphrasing of actual Mugabe quotes!)

Attachments

• 2014-02-25-03.jpg
    2014-02-25-03.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 102
Last edited by a moderator:
As one might expect from uncle Bob, eloquent and insightful... :rolleyes:
Would love to know the source and authenticity of this piece? Not that I question Mugabe's ability to blabber, but I find myself questioning everything these days!
Regardless, I have a great deal of concern and empathy for the plight of the Zim PH in the days ahead (n)

I really hate when things are so screwed up that you really can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

It's fictional satire... but quite within character! Thought the antis should know about lions bones being the alternative! Also couldn't resist a dig at Zuma, which may only be relevant to any South Africans on this forum.

^^ You got me! But, it actually sounds like something he would say!

Aaaah HELL! I hate it when I open my mouth before my first cup of coffee :A Bonk:
Feel free to let fly with the ridicule :E Frightened:

As Mugabe eats baby Elephant at his birthday celebration

If you google his name a lot of it is there.

I think this dude must be the devil....he simply won't die.
You know, now that I think of it, he's only been photographed lately with sunglasses on...kind of reminds me of the movie "weekend at bernies". Hmmm. If only we could be so lucky. I know a lot of good alcohol that has been saved for 35 years in Zim will get uncorked.

And there it is! Congratulations anti-hunters, you've just condemned another species to extinction at the hands of Red China.
(y)

Just watchd the Elephant and the Pauper which was posted on another thread ..Very good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kurpfalzjäger

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber