Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
Hi everyone, has anyone heard any updates on the possible reversal of the decision by the airlines banning hunting trophy transport? Does anyone know if SCI or DSC is on it? I m hoping Robert of SSI may know something.

John, talked with a couple of guys of guys in SCI and they assured me their lobbist were on it.

I know there was a lawsuit but not sure what the status with that is.

Hopefully someone has some good info and insights into what is happening.

The latest I have seen. I doubt it has been seen by a judge yet.

October 16, 2015

U.S. hunting clubs, rhino hunter sue Delta over trophy ban

AUSTIN, TEXAS | BY JON HERSKOVITZ

Hunting clubs and a man who paid $350,000 for a license to hunt a black rhino in Namibia have sued Delta Airlines, saying its ban on transporting some big game hunting trophies hurts conservation efforts and violates its global obligations.

In a lawsuit filed in federal court in Texas on Thursday, the hunter of the endangered black rhino, Corey Knowlton, along with the Dallas Safari Club, the Houston Safari Clubs and others said that the transport of the trophies is allowed under a strict systems of global permits and Delta must abide by its obligations.

Delta officials were not immediately available for comment.

In the middle of this year, the cargo division of South Africa's national carrier, SAA, lifted an embargo that had been in place since April on the transport of legally acquired hunting trophies of African lion and elephant, rhinoceros and tiger.

"It should be remembered that hundreds of legally acquired wildlife specimens, such as hunting trophies, pass through our main ports of entry and exit monthly without incident. Penalizing an entire industry for the illegal actions of the few is not in the country's best interests," South Africa's Environment Minister Edna Molewa said at the time.

(Reporting by Jon Herskovitz; Editing by Sandra Maler)

UPS and FEDEX are still following the law and not Twitter polls.

From this statement from the Delta website it appears they are being quite selective in their ban. It will not effect the majority of African hunters.

Shipments of lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, buffalo trophies banned

By Staff Writer • posted Aug. 3, 2015

Delta issued the following statement today:

Effective immediately, Delta will officially ban shipment of all lion, leopard, elephant, rhinoceros and buffalo trophies worldwide as freight. Prior to this ban, Delta's strict acceptance policy called for absolute compliance with all government regulations regarding protected species. Delta will also review acceptance policies of other hunting trophies with appropriate government agencies and other organizations supporting legal shipments.

Rubbish....I m sure the lawsuit won't be heard for quite some time. Hopefully the judge see's it for what it is. Blatant discrimination against sportsman and conservation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg