AH Get Togethers

Discussion in 'AH Get Togethers' started by AfricaHunting.com, Mar 19, 2013.

1. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    I have just opened up this new forum section which I hope will bring even more people together from AH. I got inspiration for this new section because I thought it was so great that an AH member (PHOENIX PHIL) planned a very successful dinner party on his own volition for fellow AH members to meet up at DSC.

That really made me think that it would be great if people could plan any kind of informal get togethers nearby where they live, any time of the year, even if it was only a couple of people who turned up. It inspires me to think that AH could go beyond just being a website that you visit and become a place for social connections in your everyday life.

I think it would be good to include the locality of your get together in the title of your post.

Looking forward to hearing about some of your get togethers...
  2. James.Grage

James.Grage GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
    Hunted:
    USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Africa
    Jerome

I think that this is a good idea.

The question i would have to ask, is membership and their physical location. We have a limited number of members and they are sprinkled around the world from what i can see. We also have a great group of watchers who may join to take one of these in.

Having a get together at the SCI or DSC conventions to get together's would be natural grabbers of members as well as the Calgary and Atlanta conventions.
  3. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Well, we currently have about 8,000 members, whom I agree are sprinkled all over the world, however a good percentage of the people who showed up to the SCI meet up where very devoted lurkers or followers as you so aptly put it... People who come regularly, like several times a week, who don't have the desire to post account for a large percentage of the site's traffic. I do wish more of them would join and participate, maybe this will encourage them to do so??? From AH statistics about 60% of the people who come to the site come about twice a week or more... that means we have a lot of "followers".

We definitely plan on doing bigger and better AH get togethers at hunting shows...