AH Get Together In Dallas During Dallas Safari Club (DSC) Convention 2014

I can't believe it is less than a month until our get-together dinner and DSC! Looking forward to it as a way to forget this nasty cold weather and put faces to the names on this site! Thanks again Phil for you work in putting this together. Kind of like herding cats.

Indeed, the next few weeks will be busy. I'll be in Dallas for the holidays visiting in-laws. Drive back and be in Phx for a few before turning around and going back. But it will be a fun night!

Man I can't wait to meet all the AH guys and girls on the AH site. This is my first convention and gonna have a blast rubbing elbows with you guys. Got a lot to talk about.

OH yea...anyone staying at the Aloft hotel ?

Man I can't wait to meet all the AH guys and girls on the AH site. This is my first convention and gonna have a blast rubbing elbows with you guys. Got a lot to talk about.

You will have a blast at the convention! We will be staying at the Sheraton. Hard to believe we are under 2 weeks and counting till we kick this shindig off... Safe traveling to all!

HartzView Group ( 6 )
Buff Buster ( 3 )
BnC 04 ( 2 )
BWH ( 2 )
Wheels ( 1 )
Cliffy ( 2 )
Paul T ( 2 )
Bobpuckett ( 8 )
Heym88 ( 1 )
Marina Lamprecht ( 1 )
Grant Taylor ( 1 )
TOM ( 1 )
Jaco Strauss ( 2 )
Steve Scott ( 2 )
huntnfool ( 1 )
Jrshuman ( 2 )
Tommy & Anna Morrison ( 2 )
Shakey ( 2 )
lwaters ( 2 )
thi9elsp ( 2 )
HuntingAgent.com - AKA James Jeffrey ( 1 )
K-Man ( 1 )
Shortride ( 1 )
Custom ( 1 )

Total Confirmed : 49

Possibles : 1 (Royal27)

Okay, folks the time is quickly nearing. I will be having to confirm our total with the Iron Cactus this Friday. So if anyone on our list has had a change of plans, please let me know ASAP. Once the number is confirm, my credit card is on the hook for the total reserved.

Royal27, please let me know before Friday if you'll be attending, thanks.

Looking foreward to meeting you as well see you there.

Heym 88, Yes I'm staying at the Aloft and going to the Dinner as well. Let's get together. I'm coming in on Wednesday afternoon. Let's see if others are as well and we all could meet for a drink (for those that do and those who don't we can still have an iced tea) or maybe even have supper on Wednesday night.

I'll be in 350-351 throughout the show Anyone else want to chime in?

Anybody know the best way to get to the convention center area from the dallas fortworth airport? We are staying at the crown plaza downtown dallas

Anybody know the best way to get to the convention center area from the dallas fortworth airport? We are staying at the crown plaza downtown dallas

Iwater here is the address of the Convention center print your directions from MapQuest.

650 South Griffin Street
Dallas, TX 75202

I'm staying just down the road from you at the Homewood Suites on Elm Street, wish I could get together Wednesday night with everyone but Deb and I will not get there til Thursday if anyone would like to get together Thursday you can reach me on my Cell Ph 256-412-1626. Bob

I was thinking more of if there was a bus to downtown or what cab fare cost.

I was thinking more of if there was a bus to downtown or what cab fare cost.

I don't know about the bus situation, but there is a light rail system which will be significantly cheaper than a cab. It's quite a ways from DFW to downtown. You can figure out your light rail trip here:

DART.org - Dallas Area Rapid Transit

P Phil Your mail box is full again :) I'll have the stuff with me for the dinner Cliffy

P Phil Your mail box is full again :) I'll have the stuff with me for the dinner Cliffy

Aarrgh! It's not now, thanks for the heads up.

Ok what kind of :lookaround:Secret stuff are you two up too.;)

A couple of ways to the hotels are; Cab about $50 US or Super Shuttle 1-800-258-3826. about $20 US. I just called Super Shuttle and made res. for pick up at airport and return res on the day I am leaving. Give them flight info on both coming and going, a credit card number and I'm done. Now if it just works that easy I'll be happy.

I wont get there till Thursday afternoon. My flight gets in around 2 pm Dallas time.

A couple of ways to the hotels are; Cab about $50 US or Super Shuttle 1-800-258-3826. about $20 US. I just called Super Shuttle and made res. for pick up at airport and return res on the day I am leaving. Give them flight info on both coming and going, a credit card number and I'm done. Now if it just works that easy I'll be happy.

I've used this service in other places, my experience has been very good. You may have a couple of stops along the way, but they'll get you there. And of course they have your flight time for leaving Dallas and they'll make sure you're to the airport on time.

HartzView Group ( 6 )
Buff Buster ( 3 )
BnC 04 ( 2 )
BWH ( 2 )
Wheels ( 1 )
Cliffy ( 2 )
Paul T ( 2 )
Bobpuckett ( 8 )
Heym88 ( 1 )
Marina Lamprecht ( 1 )
Grant Taylor ( 1 )
TOM ( 1 )
Jaco Strauss ( 2 )
Steve Scott ( 2 )
huntnfool ( 1 )
Jrshuman ( 2 )
Tommy & Anna Morrison ( 2 )
Shakey ( 2 )
lwaters ( 2 )
thi9elsp ( 2 )
HuntingAgent.com - AKA James Jeffrey ( 1 )
K-Man ( 1 )
Shortride ( 1 )
Custom ( 1 )

Total Confirmed : 49

Unfortunately Royal27 will not make our dinner, but he will be at DSC. So somebody buy the poor guy a beer if you meet up with him!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg