AH Get Together In Dallas During Dallas Safari Club (DSC) Convention 2014

Good day gentleman,

We are all looking forward on seeing all you guys in Dallas and Mr.Phil do remember that Monique will be joining us as well that night...... Don't know if it is good or bad? hahahaha Just joking....

See you guys soon!

Jacques

Well she's much better looking than you, so yes it's good!

HartzView Group ( 5 )
Buff Buster ( 2 )
BnC 04 ( 4 )
BWH ( 2 )
Wheels ( 1 )
Cliffy ( 2 )
Paul T ( 2 )
Bobpuckett ( 4 )
Heym88 ( 1 )
Marina Lamprecht ( 1 )
Grant Taylor ( 1 )
TOM ( 1 )
James Jeffery ( 1 )
Jaco Strauss ( 1 )
Steve Scott ( 2 )
huntnfool ( 1 )
Jrshuman ( 2 )
Tommy & Anna Morrison ( 2 )

Total Confirmed : 35

Possibles : 3 (K-man, Jerome and his wife)

Approaching our current maximum of 40.

I wouldn't be too concerned about turning away folks. It might happen but you have given enough notice so that it shouldn't be a big problem.
For us it's the "A" list party at DSC and not a "last chance to go somewhere" evening :) Press on and don't dwell on it.
BTW, only 3 words in the English language start with the letters "dw" I just gave you one, what are the other 2?? :)

Guess they forgot to tell Dwight Yoakam's mom that there is only three words in the English language that start with dw.

Proper nouns don't count!!!!! :)

Hi Phil put me down as a party of 5 Greg Harvey from Huntershill Safaris will be joining us as well. Bob

Fingers crossed!!! I think my wife has given me the OK for us to go!!! :)

HartzView Group ( 5 )
Buff Buster ( 2 )
BnC 04 ( 4 )
BWH ( 2 )
Wheels ( 1 )
Cliffy ( 2 )
Paul T ( 2 )
Bobpuckett ( 5 )
Heym88 ( 1 )
Marina Lamprecht ( 1 )
Grant Taylor ( 1 )
TOM ( 1 )
James Jeffery ( 1 )
Jaco Strauss ( 1 )
Steve Scott ( 2 )
huntnfool ( 1 )
Jrshuman ( 2 )

Total Confirmed : 36

Possibles : 2 (K-man, Royal27)

Unfortunately Jerome and his wife will not be able to attend. Royal27, I've added you as a possible, let me know when you're firm on attending. Bob, I've updated your group to 5.

Will do!

Just made my reservations at the Magnolia Hotel for Friday and Sat. night.....I can pretty much crawl from the Iron Catus to the Magnolia if need be! :draught:

Some feedback please

Okay folks, I'm looking for a little feedback. But first a few details. The restaurant has quite a few possibilities when selecting dinner. They boil down to two categories. The first is each guest can select from a number of different entrees all priced the same. The second is choosing from a few different buffets.

I guess I've made something of an executive decision to go with one of the buffets. The advantage here will be time. With an anticipated group of 40, for the servers to take 40 orders, the cooks to cook them and finally for the servers to bring them out, this I'm sure would take up a lot of time. With the buffet, it comes out and the only time it takes from there is for everyone to get through the serving line.

Now having said that, the main entree will be a big meal. So for appetizers, I was thinking of just chips and salsa. The appetizers can get pricy and not everyone likes guacamole or queso, but nearly everybody likes chips and salsa.

So what do I want feedback on?

Alcohol: I'm pretty sure I know where Buff Buster stands on this one. :) But not so much on others. In putting this together, one of the options I'm looking at are tickets for a limited number of drinks that include your choice of bottled beer, house margaritas and wine. It would be 2 tickets per attendee, one drink per ticket.

Dessert: There is a dessert option too, and they do look tasty. However, it adds $6 per person to the bill (plus tax and 20% gratuity). Now I don't know about you, but even with a healthy appetite when I get done with chips/salsa and a big Mexican dinner, while dessert looks good I am usually done. So I'm leaning towards not including this in the dinner.

So please give me your thoughts on these two items within the next few days as I'd like to get these plans finished up. Please keep in mind that I've had some very generous sponsor money made available for the dinner. With that money to help cover the cost of the event, the estimated amount I expect that each of you will need is $25 or less. This will cover dinner, tax and gratuity. On the subject of gratuity, for large groups, the restaurant adds a 20% gratuity to the bill on food/drink.

Phil,

First of all... Many thanks for your leg work! I am with you. Chips, Salsa, buffet, drink tickets... No dessert. If people want more drinks, I'm sure a server or cash bar will not be more than 10 feet in any direction.

Thank you again!

Brad

Phil,

First of all... Many thanks for your leg work! I am with you. Chips, Salsa, buffet, drink tickets... No dessert. If people want more drinks, I'm sure a server or cash bar will not be more than 10 feet in any direction.

Thank you again!

Brad

My pleasure Brad. Yup, that's correct. If two drinks doesn't get it done for you, the servers will be there to take your order, the bill will obviously be on you for that though.

Absolutely!!! However, you're on my tab... I owe you!

Count me in if the limit hasn't been reached. Skip the dessert and add another drink ticket.

Just made my reservations at the Magnolia Hotel for Friday and Sat. night.....I can pretty much crawl from the Iron Catus to the Magnolia if need be! :draught:

Same here I have already made my reservations for Hampton Inn about a block or so away. and put my table next to Buff-Buster's He may need my help drinking beer. Now as far as the buffet thats sounds great but see if they are willing to add dessert to the buffett nothing fansy just a sample of what they have to offer like you after I've stuffed my face I don't even want dessert. Just another beer to wash it down with. Sounds like we have a party.

Oh by the way chips an salsa is is fine If i want my Goats cheese dip then I will pay for it.

Count me in if the limit hasn't been reached. Skip the dessert and add another drink ticket.
I like the way you think.:thumb: I thought that was dessert!!

HartzView Group ( 5 )
Buff Buster ( 2 )
BnC 04 ( 4 )
BWH ( 2 )
Wheels ( 1 )
Cliffy ( 2 )
Paul T ( 2 )
Bobpuckett ( 5 )
Heym88 ( 1 )
Marina Lamprecht ( 1 )
Grant Taylor ( 1 )
TOM ( 1 )
James Jeffery ( 1 )
Jaco Strauss ( 1 )
Steve Scott ( 2 )
huntnfool ( 1 )
Jrshuman ( 2 )
Shakey ( 1 )

Total Confirmed : 37

Possibles : 2 (K-man, Royal27)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeannaDost

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg