Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Okay ladies and gents, it's time to start the discussion for our 2nd annual dinner at DSC. I have gathered some preliminary information from the Iron Cactus where we had last year's dinner. It seemed to me that we may grow this event from the 20 or so folks who were there last year and as a result we may want to work with their event coordinator in fairness to the restaurant and to ensure proper service for ourselves.

So, as mentioned I've gathered some information already but have a few questions for the manager before presenting that info here. That said, for me to ask intelligent questions, I'd like to get an at least preliminary head count.

I think all those in attendance last year had a great time and we all look forward to meeting more AH regulars! For those of you who may read this but have not joined AH, hopefully this will motivate you to join and come meet us for an evening. We're a friendly bunch and would love to have you, experienced with Africa or still in the "dream" phase.

I know it's early yet and there will certainly be those who may not be able to commit just yet. But if you know you're coming to Dallas and will attend, letting me know will help. The Iron Cactus has several rooms for such events, but picking/reserving the correct one depends on how many will attend.

Date/Time : Friday, January 10th, 2014, 6:30 Cocktail Hour, 7:30 Dinner

Hey Phil...Count Sandy and I in! We'll be there.

Phil- My wife and I would love to attend. Count us in and let me know the details when they are ready.

Nathan

Count me in.... and wifey (maybe)! Thanks for invite Phil.

So keeping count here:

HartzView Group ( 4 )
Buff Buster ( 2 )
BnC 04 ( 2 )
BWH ( 1 possibly 2 )

Good start, but where's my friend Cliffy?

Count me down as 1. I am normally there Thursday to beat the crowds. Does it get a lot busier on Saturday? Are you able to get around and talk to people in one day or does it take two? Thanks.

Count me down as 1. I am normally there Thursday to beat the crowds. Does it get a lot busier on Saturday? Are you able to get around and talk to people in one day or does it take two? Thanks.

Saturday is definitely the most busy day, but I wouldn't say you can't get to talk to the outfitters. Thursday is very light with that said and it be easier to get through the aisles.

So keeping count here:

HartzView Group ( 4 )
Buff Buster ( 2 )
BnC 04 ( 2 )
BWH ( 1 possibly 2 )
Wheels ( 1 )

Your friend Cliffy" has been out of town for few days but "we" will be there. Count increases by 2.
If you didn't make it last time you have to make it this time. We all had a great evening last time.
All those reading this and NOT members of AH come join us in Dallas. You will have a grand time.

Your friend Cliffy" has been out of town for few days but "we" will be there. Count increases by 2.
If you didn't make it last time you have to make it this time. We all had a great evening last time.
All those reading this and NOT members of AH come join us in Dallas. You will have a grand time.

You retired pilots with planes feel like you can just fly off to anywhere at anytime! Okay, two more.

So keeping count here:

HartzView Group ( 4 )
Buff Buster ( 2 )
BnC 04 ( 2 )
BWH ( 1 possibly 2 )
Wheels ( 1 )
Cliffy ( 2 )

Phil, which night is it being held ?

Friday or Saturday ?

If it's Friday night you can count on my wife and I also.

Cheers,

Paul.

Doh,
just checked a 2014 calander and the 11th is the Saturday night.

I'm normally tied up on the Saturday.

Phil, can you confirm it WILL be the 11th ?

I would have REALLY liked to be able to make this one.

Cheers,

Paul.

The date is tentative Paul, and for just this reason. Would anyone have any issue if we move the dinner to Friday night, Jan. 10th?

I wouldn't mind adding that to my first Convention.

The date is tentative Paul, and for just this reason. Would anyone have any issue if we move the dinner to Friday night, Jan. 10th?

I would prefer Friday night. That way I could spend Friday at the show. Party with you guys and get up and see the exhibitors I haven't seen yet Saturday morning. But that's just me. I will do what the majority want to do.

I just want to make it clear that it was not my intent to attempt to have the date of the event changed to suit my purposes.

What suits the majority is definitely more appropriate.

I was only trying to make the point that we have long standing committments on the Sat which regrettably prevent my wife and I from doing anything else on that night.
I would genuinely love the oportunity to personally meet any AH members that attend D.S.C.

Cheers,

Paul.

I just want to make it clear that it was not my intent to attempt to have the date of the event changed to suit my purposes.

What suits the majority is definitely more appropriate.

I was only trying to make the point that we have long standing committments on the Sat which regrettably prevent my wife and I from doing anything else on that night.
I would genuinely love the oportunity to personally meet any AH members that attend D.S.C.

Cheers,

Paul.

Don't sweat it Paul, this is why I got this started in June. Waiting on some PM replies to confirm.

Being an AH rookie I was wondering if AH has a booth at DSC or a room? If not is this the only official group get together?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SungHiggin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg