Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member.
Hunted
Africa 6 times, USA - most western states including Alaska and Hawaii.
Hello AH Members,

Cocktail Party: My house.

Date:
June-25-2016.

Day:
It's on a Saturday.

Time:
3:00 PM until ?

PM me for address / directions / phone number.

Bring:
An Hors D' Oeuvre - such as chips & dip or, cheese & crackers or, salami plate or, chicken wings, etc., etc.
If pressed for time, instead of putting any food together, just grab a bag of ice at the gas station/quick store (an extra bag of ice is always useful).

Also:
Bring whatever you want to drink ("The Safari Bar, proudly serving whatever you bring").
However, I'm providing a small keg of beer on tap so, it may not survive the entire party (depends on how many thirsty souls show up).

Paper plates, cups, plastic forks, etc., will be provided.

Women folk are encouraged to attend.
However, No Children Please.
(If anyone brings a child, we will feed it to our crocodile, that lives in a ditch down by the road.)

There are also other persons invited who, are not necessarily members of AH but, generally speaking, most are Firearms Enthusiast / Hunter-Fisher / Second Amendment types.
So, the conversations should be excellent.

Last But Not Least:
Jerome has been kind enough to send me a stack of "www.africahunting.com" baseball caps, for any attendee who wants one.

Hope to see you there,
Paul (Velo Dog).

PS:
Our Guest Room is already spoken for so, I pray that nobody will "over-do it".
However, if anyone is prone to have one too many, please do carry enough money for cab fare or, be prepared to call someone to come get you.
Today in Alaska, a "Driving Under The Influence" arrest will cost you as much as an African Buffalo Hunt, no exaggeration on that.

Last edited:
Anchorage?

well i just looked at airfare and im afraid im out (too expensive). if any deals on flights come up then i will try and make it.

-matt

Thanks for the kind invite! Unfortunately its a bit of a drive to Alaska from North Carolina

Sounds like a good time.

Thanks, but I won't be able to make it. Will be in Africa and en route home until June 26.

Thanks, but I won't be able to make it. Will be in Africa and en route home until June 26.
I guess the only thing better than talking about Africa and enjoying a drink, is being in Africa and enjoying a drink!

must be a hot time to visit Alaska. the airfare just keeps going up, its already $600 round trip! that's a lot of money considering im in the closest state.

normally its around 300-400 round trip and ive even paid $200 for a round trip ticket in the past.

-matt

must be a hot time to visit Alaska. the airfare just keeps going up, its already $600 round trip! that's a lot of money considering im in the closest state.

normally its around 300-400 round trip and ive even paid $200 for a round trip ticket in the past.

-matt

Matt,

You shall be missed.
However like you said, at the last moment a low priced ticket deal could pop up suddenly.
If so, larry4831 had mentioned to me awhile back that he'd be able to fetch you up from the airport in time for the party and provide you with a bunk for the night.
(Larry is another one like yourself that is able to unflinchingly, take quite a substantial amount of recoil so, you hard-shouldered characters would have plenty to talk about).

Cheers,
Paul.

I'll be hopping on a boat in Vancouver heading to Alaska that day. Taking the Grandson on a cruise. Would have
Liked to be there

Hope you guys have a great time!

A wonderful idea! Have a great time guys.

I'll be hopping on a boat in Vancouver heading to Alaska that day. Taking the Grandson on a cruise. Would have
Liked to be there

Sorry to learn that you will miss the party.
But if you PM myself before embarking (I don't always manage a visit to AH
Every day but most days I do), and I can give you my cell phone number.
That way if you have a spare moment, perhaps we can meet up in Anchorage, to at least put a face with our posts.
Either way, you're going to flip if your ship takes the Inside Passage.
It is beautiful this time of year.
Safe Travels.

Hope a few AH members can attend! Have a great time guys

Thanks, but I won't be able to make it. Will be in Africa and en route home until June 26.[/QUOT

Jim,

Hopefully you have internet in camp or maybe you will receive this in transit somewhere.
Everyone will miss you at the party.
Furthermore, we all would rather be in Africa with you.

Safe travels my friend,
Paul.

Hiho Spike,

If you are attending, you will have free lunch the next day, no problem.

Cheers,
Vernarial Duck.

@Velo Dog now MR VD as this starts quite late on the saturday..ie 3pm, does it at least go through non stop to include sunday lunch?.....;):D Beers:
@spike.t if you show up I will make sure that you have are busy until Sunday lunch

Hope you guys have a great time...:D Drunk:

If it wasnt for that durn distance I would have attended and schooled you all in drinking norwegian aquavite...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.