AH Get Together Anchorage Alaska 2015

MR VD @Velo Dog a very nice looking 9.3 you have there. can def see it hopefully having fun at Takeri one day :D Beers:
velo-s-9-3x62-jpg.50487

Last edited by a moderator:
MR VD @Velo Dog a very nice looking 9.3 you have there. can def see it hopefully having fun at Takeri one day :D Beers:
velo-s-9-3x62-jpg.50487

Thanks and I enjoy this specific 9.3 so much that if my wife ever runs off with the Mail Man, I might just marry this rifle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, a bunch of gun guys hanging out in a proper man-cave.

That had to be fun!

Any good debates on the relative merits of momentum vs KE, or what's better, an extra three-hundredths of an inch bullet diameter or .015 added to the sectional density?? ;)

Not that any of us care about that kinda stuff! lol

You had a great turnout Paul. Especially considering you live in such a "sparse" area (all relative...there are more people within 20 miles of my house than in all of Alaska...of course, most of them are liberal or insane).

Went to an SCI dinner once.
I concluded that it was not my thing.
No disrespect toward those who are drawn to tape measures, trophy record books and such but, it's just not anything I'm interested in.
However, I would enjoy meeting the other chaps for sure.
Definitely will not make it this year but, perhaps some other time.
Thanks for inviting me though.

i agree with you on trophy comparing and actually im not fond of the SCI as a group in general (they bailed on that poor dentist). i go to the SCI show in vegas to look at guns, taxidermy, and to meet AH forum members! plus this year im doin some shopping for either an elephant hunt or another PG hunt depending on what i find.

i had lots of fun hanging out with forum members last year.

-matt

Wow, a bunch of gun guys hanging out in a proper man-cave.

That had to be fun!

Any good debates on the relative merits of momentum vs KE, or what's better, an extra three-hundredths of an inch bullet diameter or .015 added to the sectional density?? ;)

Not that any of us care about that kinda stuff! lol

You had a great turnout Paul. Especially considering you live in such a "sparse" area (all relative...there are more people within 20 miles of my house than in all of Alaska...of course, most of them are liberal or insane).

Hi Tarbe,

Thank you for the compliments.
There were so many conversations going simultaneously that, I would not doubt for a moment that the topics you mentioned were part of the subject matter.

As for "liberal or insane", IMO there is a very blurry line between those two descriptors.
Sadly, the last strongholds for people like you and I (Free Thinkers, possessed of a strong work ethic and abundant sense of responsibility to ourselves, to our family, to our friends and to our fellow citizens), such as Alaska, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and one or two other states, are all being infiltrated by the lazy, greedy, self absorbed lay-abouts and their affluent enablers.

It looks like the final chapter of the greatest country to ever jump and breathe will end, not in fiery combat but in shameful handout programs to the point of bankruptcy one of these years.
Since nobody can defeat The USA militarily, I guess we (by voting in one crooked politician after another) are just going to give The Greatest Country away to those who hate us.
But don't get me started, heh heh.

If you ever get up this way, please look me up as I would be proud to pour you a cold one in The Safari Bar.

Kind regards,
Paul (V. Dog)

Sorry to get you started....ok, not really. It was all I could do to keep from making comparisons between the two adjectives I used to describe the folks I am surrounded by (and this is in Texas!!). We think an awful lot alike!

Oh well, as we say...I will just head to the bunker when I can't stand it anymore!

Hope to see you in AK or on the trail someday.

Tim

i agree with you on trophy comparing and actually im not fond of the SCI as a group in general (they bailed on that poor dentist). i go to the SCI show in vegas to look at guns, taxidermy, and to meet AH forum members! plus this year im doin some shopping for either an elephant hunt or another PG hunt depending on what i find.

i had lots of fun hanging out with forum members last year.

-matt

We as hunters have a huge PR problem.
That is one of several reasons that I am not drawn in by the "tape measure and trophy book" style of hunting.
For those who feel they must make every last activity into a contest, including hunting, it must be awfully tiring.
In contrast, I just like to go hunting.

Might show up in Vegas one of these years and might not.
I truly would enjoy meeting other members of this forum and rubbing elbows with other hunters as well, especially if they are rifle enthusiasts.

Spent 4 days at The LV Antique Arms Show once and vowed to return.
But so far I have not lived up to that vow.
Fantastic show though.

Might show up in Vegas one of these years and might not.
I truly would enjoy meeting other members of this forum and rubbing elbows with other hunters as well, especially if they are rifle enthusiasts.

Dallas is pretty nice in January!

I'd love to buy you a steak.

Tim

Dallas is pretty nice in January!

I'd love to buy you a steak.

Tim

Hi again Tarbe,

I appreciate the offer and perhaps one day we can meet up, steak or no steak.
It would be good to put a face with the moniker, and that goes for the others who have given us much to read and enjoy here.
No doubt Dallas is peasant in January, heck compared to where I live, almost any place is quite pleasant in January.
Meanwhile, don't let the liberal panty waist crybabies get you down.

Cheers,
Velo Dog

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross