AGENT: SCAM BEWARE: M&C Investment International UK

Discussion in 'Hunting Reports' started by AfricaHunting.com, Feb 14, 2012.

1. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Lost posts from a thread titled BEWARE: M&C Investment International UK originally posted by AH member HDP Safaris...

2. AfricaHunting.com

My Photos:
    Email scams targeting the hunting industry

There are many email scams like this going around targeting specifically the hunting industry and these types of scams have been going around for a years now. Hunting outfitters and PHs, if an agent or agency requests you to pay upfront or to them before you have received any money from a clients' booking, there is something wrong no matter what their reasoning is and no matter what they say... Just don't do it! This is not how reputable agents function.

In regard to the above email scam, it comes form so-called Allen Bradley with the following email address:allan.bradley51@yahoo.co.uk.

The email in question dated Feb 3, 2012 reads...

Hello, My name is Allen Bradley from M&c Investment International UK. I want to know if there is any availability for 5 guests coming for Business meeting that needs Hunting services if possible. They are coming for visit. If there is availability, kindly let me know about the dates and the quotes. They are looking forward to Arrive on 23th March 2012. Mode Of Payment includes the listed below Visa Master Amex Card. Write me immediately with an update on the list of all the Hunting services you can offer and available at that time. Call me anytime. Best Regards, Allen Phone Numbers :+44-702-405-4998

3. tap

tap AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    I read the part about the woman emailing you about international travel. She proclaimed you were handsome and all............

Ok I admit it. It was me! I'm a flaming homosexual and want you bad! I'm male, 6,4" 290lbs, and I look unbelievable in high heels and lengerie. tell your wife not to be too jealous as she will never match my beauty!

Ok maybe I'm lying just a bit but I might wear some high heels and lengerie for you if you will give me a free leopard hunt! :)

4. 35bore

35bore AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
    Hunted:
    USA, South Africa, France
    tap,
    6,4" 290 in heels and lengerie???? Your worrying me man:confused::p

5. tap

tap AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    so now your going to make fun of me because you look horrible in heels in lengerie. i dont know why everyone is always so jealous of me.

6. 35bore

35bore AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
    Hunted:
    USA, South Africa, France
    No.No. Not jealous, just worried;) I'm sure you look great:)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2014
  7. AfricaHunting.com

My Photos:
    Allen Bradley is at it again today, this time a different email address, allan.bradley51@yahoo.co.uk, and the same message...

Hello,

My name is Allen Bradley from M&c Investment International UK. I want to know if there is any availability for 5 guests coming for Business meeting that needs Hunting services if possible. They are coming for visit. If there is availability, kindly let me know about the dates and the quotes.

They are looking forward to Arrive on 23th March 2012.

Mode Of Payment includes the listed below
    Visa
    Master
    Amex Card.

Write me immediately with an update on the list of all the Hunting services you can offer and available at that time.

Call me anytime.

Best Regards,

Allen
    Phone Numbers :+44-702-405-4998

8. Rohan

Rohan

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    South Africa (Limpopo, Free-State, North West, Northern Cape) and Botswana (Tuli Area; Selebi-Pikwe, and Tsabong regions)
    Ok, one leopard hunt sold! Post pics of u in high heels and lingerie as down payment! Lol!
    On a more serious note:

Jerome, my apologies for not re-posting this thread when you asked me to about a week ago, I was trying to figure out how to re-post it without having to type the whole thing again and got the task lost between other things I'm trying to do at the moment...

Another common scam is to secure a booking by making a payment with a cheque: After one or two days after the payment reflects on your system as been paid in, the 'client' will say that he has to withdraw from the hunt/booking due to a family emergency (or something that will play on your emotions or conscience- like his little niece's heart operation went wrong etc), in the mean time the bank has not alerted you to the phony cheque that will bounce because its only been one or two days, and in SA it takes ten days for a cheque to clear (as far as I remember). Then you pay the 'client' his money back. Now he has received the money and vanished, then the bank alerts you after ten days that the cheque that bounced. My Aunt has a lodge in SA and told me about this particular scam as being very common in her industry, she receives emails similar to the one under question here on a regular basis because the idea of booking, for example, 5 or more business clients at once is a good booking and sometimes people just jump on it.

9. AfricaHunting.com

My Photos:
    No need for an apology Rohan... your input is greatly appreciated!

10. Jaco Strauss

Jaco Strauss AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, PHASA, IPHA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Tanzania
    Jerome have been receiving the same over the last couple of days. Below is a mail I received a couple of days ago.

Hello,

My name is Allen Bradley from M&c Investment International UK. I want to know if there is any availability for 5 guests coming for Business meeting that needs Hunting services if possible. They are coming for visit. If there is availability, kindly let me know about the dates and the quotes.

They are looking forward to Arrive on 23th March 2012.

Mode Of Payment includes the listed below Visa Master Amex Card.

Write me immediately with an update on the list of all the Hunting services you can offer and available at that time.

Call me anytime.

Best Regards,

Allen
    Phone Numbers :+44-702-405-4998

11. Jaco Strauss

Jaco Strauss AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, PHASA, IPHA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Tanzania
    another one from this donkey!
    It's stupid though Allen Bradley from Gary Bell's email adress?????? Jerome we have also been receiving mails from these guys for the last year, Thanks for the heads up there are seriously bad people out there!

Hello, My name is Allen Bradley from M&c Investment International UK. I want to know if there is any availability for 5 guests coming for Business meeting that needs Hunting services if possible. They are coming for visit. If there is availability, kindly let me know about the dates and the quotes. They are looking forward to Arrive on 23th March 2012. Mode Of Payment includes the listed below Visa Master Amex Card. Write me immediately with an update on the list of all the Hunting services you can offer and available at that time. Call me anytime. Best Regards, Allen Phone Numbers :+44-702-405-4998

12. Rockhunter

Rockhunter New Member

Thanks for the heads up about this conman. My emails from him look identical. I thought we only needed to worry about the predators in the bush...guess not.

RH

13. AfricaHunting.com

My Photos:
    Another email scam...

Here is another another email scam, this one sent by someone with the following email address jimmp077@gmail.com and in the subject RESERVATIONS... Note from gmail "This message may not have been sent by: jimmp077@gmail.com"

Here is the email message...

Hello,

Good day to you and please note that we will need accommodation for 3 guests that will be on a short visit to your country.

Kindly inform us if there is availability for 3 rooms from May 23rd to 27th 2012 (4 nights).

See below for their names:

Mr Jack Williams
    Mrs Sara Wright
    Mrs Jane Brighton

Do revert back to us with the rates as well as the total cost for the duration of their stay.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks,

Jim.

14. saeng101

saeng101 AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    KZN Hunting & Conservation, CHASA, NRA
    Hunted:
    USA,Zim,RSA,Russia,Moz
    The other common one going around now is to wire into your account and provide proof of payment for an amount way over the invoiced cost. You then get a call saying to send back the excess, later learning that none of the payment was good. This has really been hitting the hospitality industry. I have had three attempts on me this way, this year. The last one promised to send a Siphiso over to collect, told them to make sure he was wearing a bullet proof vest.

If you are in SA and wonder how they got your info look no further than CIPRO, another of our well run government projects. For those not there this is where you have to register your company. Scammers have been very good at hijacking your company by deregestering the owner/directors and putting themselves in.

A bit of an aside. Zuma recently came out in support of a Nigerian for head of World Bank. If you thought you had scammers before just wait.

15. Rohan

Rohan

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    South Africa (Limpopo, Free-State, North West, Northern Cape) and Botswana (Tuli Area; Selebi-Pikwe, and Tsabong regions)
    Saeng,

I had a gut feeling about the CIPRO thing. I spoke to the woman who registered the company, she said its not possible for anyone to have gotten that company info at the time etc, but I had a gut feeling it was a good possibility and I dont know why I felt that way. Though I dont think anyone has or will hijack it just yet ha ha.

I received also other attempts: soon after confirmation of registration some woman from "Durban" called me posing as a Vodacom representative bla bla bla...I put the phone down because Vodacom dont do that kind of personal calls about investments, then also got emails from South African named people in my spam box about investments and the like...all happened after the registration was through but I always just delete. What the dimwits never realised is that it was/is just a company name, but they said stuff like "We viewed your website earlier today...", "We know that you have a good reputation with your hunting clients, therefore we would like to interest you in..." etc. I have no website or clients, what retards!

Other day I received a "warning email" from the SAPS about a person named 'Simon Ashton' thats going to get all my info off my lap/pc and use it, so I should send the warning mail to my friends etc I sent the mail to warn others about this guy but then I thought "HANG ON!" "WHAT?!", I googled his name and find out that the email is just a scam in itself that make people worry about nothing, some scammers are just coniving little teen brats with time on their hands, not looking for money, they just sow worry and discord.

As for poor Siphiso I hope he is ok!;)

16. saeng101

saeng101 AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    USA,Zim,RSA,Russia,Moz
    Hi Rohan

It took me about 15 minutes to get my info out of CIPRO through the web, and I have never done it before. I thought I had protected myself by doing it through the lawyers office in Empangeni, boy was I wrong. I read that there has been enough kak that Pretoria is changing the system. May be happening as I need a CIPRO good standing letter for a bid and they can't get anything done right now, another surprise.

I was very disappointed that Siphiso didn't make it. Have an old box of Black Talons that I wanted to see if they worked as advertised.

John

17. Rohan

Rohan

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    John,

The fact that you could get your info so quickly is quite a reflection of the standards we deal with in our government, and im no expert, but damn...15 minutes and you're in????

Siphiso is quite a lucky man... Did some research on those Black Talons and would actually like use them. Have a Taurus .44Spcl revolver at SAPS, think Black Talons sounds like a good investment for self-defense purposes. Do you get them locally?

18. Rohan

Rohan

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Jerome,

Thanks for keeping us up to date about the scamming emails going around. I think its important to know what and when it is going around and who uses what names and what emails because eventually one of us is going to get caught one day. Thats how they operate: in the hope that at least just one or two people out of every thousand bite every now and then. By exposing scammers and the emails to the public we reduce that chance.

19. saeng101

saeng101 AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    USA,Zim,RSA,Russia,Moz
    Hi Rohan
    My understanding is that Winchester quit production on them as the rumor was that they went through body armor. I had a friend bring over two boxes of 45ACP about 10 years ago. I read an article that said the trick for a .44 was to drill out a 300gr Remington hollow point. Fill the hollow with 9 shot and wax seal. I hit a fever tree with it and was impressed with the damage.

My concern is that you loose some defense if you kill with a hand load, sure that a tricked up one would make it worse. With the way that SAPS works we are screwed even if they are armed and in your house. Just always figured that it the choice was 6ft under or hiring a lawyer I would take option 2.

20. Rohan

Rohan

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    My motivation letter was 8 pages long for the .44. Feel like I have handed in a philosophy essay for marking and waiting for the results. I got every angle covered as far as I know and im backed by SAPSA, NGPSA, SAHGCA, and my shooting club, first aid, medical certificate, proof of my shooting logs, pictures of my neighbourhood security and my home security and everything etc...but still not sure if the application will be approved. It is as though self-defence is only self-defence when the guy with an AK is already pulling the trigger and there is no burglar bars between you and him...otherwise you may not even pull out your weapon because then you are the one "provoking" an attack as it is said that the burglar bars or other allow you to retreat....even though the person with an AK is in your home and trying to kill you, and burglar bars are much wider than the 7.62mm. It has value and in some cases makes sense ie safety and avoid unnecessary shooting, my only issue is that it seems the law will not consider the grey areas. However, when a person gets a weapon application approved by the SAPS you can be sure that that firearm owner is more than qualified to own it = safer.