AGENT: Information About Tusk & Hide Safaris Inc. / agent based In USA

Hi Ilcapo
thank you ever so much for your help.I was about to start the discussion again.
Eventually with your help we will be able to get them. I have all the information but stood back a bit as Tusk and Hides threatened to badmouth me on the net.
I will inform all the others that had contacted me in this regard.
The sums seem to differ but the story is the same. They try and do most of the bussiness via telephone. I said that I want every thing in writing. Then things sort of slowed down.These guys have to brought to book.It will never stop if they are not. Thanks again for your kind help.

Again, it's my pleasure. I've tried to get hold of some of the other victims of this scam directly by private message, but only a couple have responded. Not sure why.

The reason I'm using private messages is so as to not expose TOO much information herein just in case they get whiff of what's going on and come here to read what's being done.

In a nutshell, what I'm very concerned about is the apparent lack of contact made by the Saint Louis County Sheriff's Office to any of the victims. AGAIN. If any of you have been contacted, I'd appreciate being notified so I can monitor what's happening. The few outfitters I have been in contact with said they haven't heard anything. I'm concerned because it's been three months now since I first contacted that authority and the case was supposedly handed over to an investigator. I've heard nothing back from the Deputy I first contacted either in my emails or voicemails to him. In fact, the additional victims information, which I emailed to him, apparently was never collected and the County's secure email system, which I was given access to, automatically erases all emails -- incoming and outgoing -- after 14 days and it appeared to me noone ever opened them.

I called around to the several numbers I found for offices in the Eveleth, MN area and found the investigator assigned this case is out of "Virginia," MN. I didn't get a name, but was told he was out and would call me back. That was two days ago. Never received a call.

Just as an observation... I'm 'concerned' because the most basic requirement of any investigation is to get statements from the alleged victims of a crime. The fact that no one appears to have been contacted after all this time, either by phone, email, or snail mail, makes me wonder what kind of "investigation" they're conducting. I wish to follow up, but without becoming a nusance to them. So, I'd appreciate a heads up from anyone if they have been or get contacted in the future so I have an idea of what's being done.

I just called again and found the department is closed. YES, it's closed. Field offices tend to do that. My intent is to get hold of this investigator to pass him the latest information I have -- I saved the emails I'd sent but which went unanswered by the Sheriff's Deputy as an MS WORD document the day before the system erased them and will be able to send that document to the investigator if he gives me a direct email.

My intent is this... to continue contact with the authorities to pass any further information that comes up here on AFRICAHUNTING.COM to ensure they have the latest information. I'm not sure how much the investigator will share with me, but if it appears they're simply sitting on this and not doing anything, then I intend to raise it "higher up the food chain." My thought is four months. If by this time in March they haven't appeared to have contacted anyone, and especially if I haven't been able to speak with the investigator and learn what they have in mind, then I'm going to assume they're blowing this off as unimportant and I'll elevate it to the Sheriff himself by official letter.

If that doesn't get a fire started, then I'm going to assume that laziness and/or corruption are involved and will figure out where to go from there; Governor's office, States Attorney, etc. But first things first. I still don't know what's going on with the Sheriff's Dept. that might explain the delay.

Hopefully we'll lasoo these clowns and get them hauled into court. I hope the authorities here haven't relegated this to "civil" status, because it most certainly is NOT a civil case. Proof of that was the intentional unauthorized withdrawls from the last victim's account on two occassions for nearly $6,500.00!

Anyway, that's the latest. Don't ANY of you allow these clowns to threaten you into silence. Baobab. That was a bluff. He would have a hard time badmouthing you without it linking back to what's going on in this forum. Any attempt to do so would likely backfire on him.

In fact, if any of you were to find any badmouthing from this outfit, I would link it to your website, and then link THIS forum string to your website. The truth would get out quickly.

Again, this is gaining an audience as it is. I spoke over the phone with Gary who noted he found this whole conversation through a Google search. So it doesn't take much to find it.

Anyway, let's have patience, but diligence, and please do forward any and all additional information my way so I can keep the pressure up on the Sheriff's Department. Feel free to send any information, especially that which you deem of a more sensitive nature, to me directly by private message. We can exchange phone numbers and direct email addresses there too.

Just know you have friends here in the USA. Jerome has a great site here which is affording us the ability to help. Let's keep it going. ; )

Tom T.
Fort Belvoir, VA

I took another look at that Tusk and Hide website. It's amazing. There isn't a single reference to any past clients, nor anything about the outfitters used or where specifically the hunts occur. It's all very vague. And then there's the typo's all over the place in their description.

Our Hunting Safaris range from 7 Day hunts to 60 days hunts, from outpost camps to 5 star accomodations. From dangerous game to plains game if you Dream it, the Agents at Tusk and Hide can make it a reality. We offer thousands of different hunt packages configured to suit any budget and time frame. we can accomodate small personal groups or large corporate groups. We have the ability to provide local entertainment and tours to explore everything that Africa has to offer. Tusk and hide will assist in processing your paperwork for firearms transfer, trophy handling and transportation to and from Africa, we have clients wih concessions everywhere on the continent with over 300 hunts to chopose from you will get exactly what desire. We can ensure through our contacts and strict evaluation of our outfitters, that you will not only get the hunt of a lifetime but alos the experience of a lifetime. The consultants at Tusk and Hide are availabe right now to make your Safari dreams a reality. Contact an agenat for a free qoute on your next African Hunting Safari.

Then, the REAL give away that this is all fake is the fact that the "About Us" link doesn't link to any description of who they are or where they're located. NOTHING in terms of specifics is listed. The entire site contains vague generalities, which should have been a warning right there.

This outfit would be SO easy to bust wide open. If I was in a position of authority in the St. Louis County Sheriff's Department, I could have these characters shut down and arrested, awaiting trial, within six months tops!

UPDATE...

I missed the investigator again, but was passed on to his lieutenant. Now I have the skinny on what's going on. Unfortunately, it's what I figured. The Sheriff's Department can only do so much. Ultimately, the case must be prosecuted by the County Attorney's office.

The Lieutenant was very forthcoming, and discussed the case with me. I mentioned this reference by a Canadian outfitter from 2008, which he knew about. He said the investigator had conducted a thorough investigation of the matter, but that the County Attorney's office refused to do anything with it, because they were not about to pay to have the victims brought in from overseas or even other parts of the country. They then tried taking it to the federal level, but the State's Attorney wouldn't do anything with the case and the FBI also refused to take action. And it was for precisely the reason I gave for why I sought to take this to local authorities in the first place; the amounts are too small for them to bother with.

The problem is what I stated it would be when I first read this comment board, that they'd look upon each case as individual, and therefore it would remain under their dollar amount threshhold for bothering with. (Hmmm. So, apparently only the rich will see justice?)

We discussed the matter after which I told him I'd be willing to help in any way I can, as limited an effort as that may be, and emphasized the fact that they clearly intend on continuing to operate as long as they're allowed to get away with this.

I also brought up the fact that we have even more victims, and that one of them has an American agent in the U.S. who wants to take action -- Mr. Gary Hay.

I noted it seems to me we should not have to have all the victim outfitters come to the States to testify, that I would think a couple representative cases, bolstered by sworn testimonies via affidavits from the others ought to suffice to actually get these guys to court.

At that point, the lieutenant noted there is now a new FBI agent assigned in the Diluth office so he might renew his efforts with him to see what might be accomplished. He asked I forward him all I had. This I have done. He also said he was going to have his investigator contact me on this.

I will be out of the country on business this next week. But when I get back, hopefully I'll have some better news.

The key is the prosecutors haven't shown any interest because they think that no one will be willing to go through with testifying in court against them. The question now is, how mad are those of you who have been scammed?

I'll await your reply on that matter.

Cheers,

Tom T.
Fort Belvoir, VA

Another update.

I just got back from a business trip to Munich and found several emails awaiting me from outfitters taken for a ride several years ago. I've passed this all on to the lieutenant, who said he'd send it on to the investigator.

All I know is the investigator on this case is the same one as last time.

Once again, I'd like to ask all of you outfitters there in RSA... Is there a government agency or PH association which might help us identify more victims? I'm especially looking to find more recent cases. The most recent I have is from September 2011, with a couple back in May/June. Everything else appears to have taken place from 2007 to 2009.

Any help in regard would be appreciated.

At this point, I'm afraid they're going to continue operating with impunity because they figure no one is going to do anything about it.

I'm not getting a "warm and fuzzy" feeling from my latest discussion with the Sheriff's Department.

I registered to this forum for the sole purpose of this thread. I have more Information on this Jay/Jason Rodriguez.

He currently owns/runs a exotic pet store named Wild Eyes Exotic Pets and Supply. He has a website and facebook page to promote this business.

Here is the domain information. His domain information matches all the other domains listed in this thread of his. He still uses his current home addresss. His business is still set up locally in Virginia, MN and Eveleth, MN.
WildEyesPets.com - Wild Eyes Pets

https://www.facebook.com/Wildeyespets

Here is the Achooze website that also promotes his business. Note, "Brandon Wellman" is the site admin. Wild Eyes Pets

"Jason/Jay" also works at non profit organization.
https://www.facebook.com/IronRangeBoxingAcademy
Iron Range Boxing Academy

He also owns and runs Lava Leopard Geckos,
Lava Leopard Geckos

Not to doubt but are we sure that this is the same prick that stole $2000 + from myself and other individuals, I can have someone run by the store to verify the identity?

Would you be able to provide us with some additional info please....

Thanks so much.

My best always.

Hi Tom
Thanks for all your input.
I have heard no more from Tusk and Hide Safaris.
They are like a grave.

From the Sherriffs office we have had no contact in any form what so ever.

Have a good day
regards Margie

I'm sorry to forget to add that will help certainty. I have been contacted by Wild Eyes Pets via his email "talonstip@hotmail.com" The same email he used through Tusk and Hide Safaris.

I also have phone numbers of next door businesses of his as well.

Not to doubt but are we sure that this is the same prick that stole $2000 + from myself and other individuals, I can have someone run by the store to verify the identity?

Would you be able to provide us with some additional info please....

Thanks so much.

My best always.

The link to Wild Eyes Pets
This Whois search of this email:
gowild@destinationwild.com

is associated with about 29 domains

That is frightening enough..

ILCAPO

I would like to add my name to your list it is Kwalata Wilderness Kwalata Wilderness - South Africa and my e-mail is Jaco@kwalata.com, I have e-mails as well as an invoice, So called provided by tusk and hide (one never believes that you will get nailed to the wall by another human being until it happens)

Comms between me and dubious Dave.

Hunt 1.

4 hunters for plains game, no preference, at this time on the specific animals so we are making suggestions. 7 -10 days bringing thier own rifles. Im thinking 5-7 animals each. we booked these guys for New zealand last year, cost is not going to be a problem. We can set this up for this year yet.

Hunt 2.
Buffalo Lion combo he also wants gemsbok and eland if available. 1 hunter 1 observer. 7 days. he wants to hunt in sept, Let me know on these and Ill forward the rest as the details come in.
Dave

INVOICE RECEIVED FROM TUSK AND HIDE:

Tusk & Hide Safaris
Po Box 157
Cotton, Minnesota
218-744-0435

Invoice #34333 6/28/2011

Jaco Strauss

Kwalata Wilderness & Adventures
Tel: +27 14 755 4104
Fax: +27 14 755 4249
Mobile: +27 79 500 1942
E-Mail: jaco@kwalata.com

1 Year of advertising on Tuskandhidesafaris.com
Main page ad package including all Game Pages, and the South Africa page for 13 months 1 full page ad , 9 color photos, detail description of services, rates packages, contact information and a website link.

Free in Inclusion into all company newsletters. Including package pricing and availability.

All hunts booked through agent affiliates are at 5% commission.

Total $1250.00

Marketing and promotion materials for the year at $800.00 Includes all brochures and DVD's for the duration of the contract.
Total $800.00

Total for 13 months of advertising $2050.00

Call me if you have any questions.

Tusk and Hide's guarantee: Tusk and Hide Guarantees that you will book 1 hunt in the first year or the ad runs for free.

Please send any packages you which to market for mid to late 2011 to this Email address. Info@tuskandhidesafaris.com

Bank Wire Details
Wire Transfer Details: Please Email me the WTC Number as soon as you have it.

Account Holder: Lisa Harkins

Account Number: 435025169669
Routing Number:051000017
Swift Code: BOFAUS3N

Office Address: Murphy Point Rd. Eveleth, Minnesota 55734

Ph 218-744-0435

REF: Tusk and Hide Safaris

Bank Info:
Bank of America
3001 White Bear Ave N in St Paul, Minnesota 55109.

MAYBE I WAS A SUCKER OR MY INEXPERIENCE IN DEALING WITH SHADY CARACTERS CAME TO BITE ME IN THE BUTT!!! BUT I AM MORE THAN WILLING TO BUST A KNEE CAP JUST FOR THE SAKE OF IT!!!!!

I found the Lisa Harkins. She is also facebook friends with Jason Rodriguez. They are also both facebook friends on "Wild Eyes Pets"

Wild Eyes Pets https://www.facebook.com/Wildeyespets
Lava Leapoard Geckos https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lava-Leopard-Geckos/307004811546
Lisa Harkins.https://www.facebook.com/lisa.harkins.35
Jason Rodriguez. https://www.facebook.com/talonstip

Looked up on public court records in the state of Minnesota. He has 13 judgements against him in the last 10 years. This guy is scary. You will also notice Lisa Harkins is also associated with his judgements. They hav not paid a dime to either judgements. He does all his banking online. He has no checking accounts open with local "brick and mortar" banks.

21k01n6.jpg

To search yourself go here
http://pa.courts.state.mn.us/default.aspx

Click on Judgements search and look up in all counties, search "Rodriguez, Jason"

Attachments

• 21k01n6.jpeg
    21k01n6.jpeg
    605 KB · Views: 180
Got an update.

The business' front door has been vandalized. It appears that someone has been continually breaking his glass door.

Got an update.

The business' front door has been vandalized. It appears that someone has been continually breaking his glass door.

Aw, what a shame....said with a grain of salt.

Got an update.

I wonder what the perpetrator would do if he lived in a grass hut?

Heres a question for an of the attorneys that are members. How many people would it take to put together a group, like a class action law suit, to go after this character. No one individual has enough loss to justify the attorney fees, but all complainants together might be able to do something. Is that even possible?

The whole problem would be getting a "deadbeat" to pay for being a liar and a cheat.

As slippery as he is he probably has no money tied up into accessible assets even if you got a conviction. Once you get a conviction you still have to collect. That's a whole other ball of wax. Conviction is probably easier than collecting.

Just curious,,,,does anyone have an update on this story? :confused::angrymob:

No. Again, I tried to get something going, but the local police / sheriff's department went nowhere with it because a previous investigation against this guy resulted in nothing happening. The prosecutor was not interested in spending money prosecuting him on behalf of people who weren't anywhere in the area and didn't figure anyone would come at their own expense for a trial. So he walked, scott free on a previous case from a couple years earlier. This is what we conservatives mean when we say the claims by liberals that we should disarm because the government will protect us is BULL! As a former cop myself, I'll be the first to say buy a gun and learn to use it. And don't rely on promises that someone else will ensure your interests. It's all propaganda just so politicians can stick their hands deeper into your pockets. Like around here in the D.C. area. The additional police are for writing more tickets and bringing in more revenues, NOT to protect the public.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg