Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life member, SCI, DSC
Hunted
Zimbabwe, USA
Nice solid boss and the tips are still in very good condition so I was thinking maybe 9 years but the significant hair loss on the face makes me think more like 11. What do you experienced guys think the age would be on this buffalo?

full

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I can see of this animal, my best guess is 13 years.

Is he one in the same as the buffalo shown in your avatar ? (looks significantly similar)

If so, we can see his hair over-all, was getting mighty thin but nonetheless, I shall stick with my first guess of 13 years.

Last edited:
My guess would be around 9 years old.

I would take a shot at 7-9 years. Not enough wear on the horns.

I would take a shot at 7-9 years. Not enough wear on the horns.

No way Simon, it's 8 years old +/- 1 year.

@BRICKBURN , I don't think that bull even measures 40, I will stick with my age guess.

@BRICKBURN , flip Wayne you can be a @#$# at times...........now I understand!!! :A Argue::D Beers:

Try putting in African English next time!!!

@Royal27 , don't you start now...get on your plane and go get your elk!!! :A Blowup:

@BRICKBURN , flip Wayne you can be a @#$# at times...........now I understand!!! :A Argue::D Beers:

Try putting in African English next time!!!

I can be a sh&t most of the time. :ROFLMAO:

:S Idea:

I'm writing in the new UCT decolonized science. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
My initial guess in looking at him was 8-9. Mature animal with solid bosses (none will boil off). Face has lost a lot of hair like an older buff, but the points are still sharp and haven't been worn down. Ridges on boss have started to be polished down.

Good solid mature buff to be proud of!

Feel better after seeing some pro's estimates.

Mike, have you had him aged?

Older then mine ...... I wanna take one with my bow so bad ! Congrats !
Glen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,