African Sporting Gazette is now African Hunting Gazette

Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
SCI
African Sporting Gazette is now African Hunting Gazette

Changing the name of a magazine is either the boldest – or the craziest – thing one can do. But here’s my thinking:

In 2000, when I took over the title African Sporting Gazette from John Ormiston, who also published the Scottish Sporting Gazette and lived in Irnverness, Scotland, the name seemed appropriate to me. While we were producing and publishing ASG in South Africa, the name always conjured up to me images of hunters on horseback pursuing foxes.

But now as we approach our 10th anniversary of publishing the best magazine about hunting in Africa four times a year, it appears that the majority of our readers now live in North America, Europe and the South Pacific.

Simultaneously, we are forever receiving press releases on rugby, and being placed next to soccer magazines on newsstands. Even worse, Googling ‘hunt’ or ‘hunting’ does not bring you to our website – the website for the magazine that every enthusiastic hunter with interest in any aspect of African hunting safaris – African Hunting Gazette.

Our magazine is about African hunting, whether it is with a rifle, shotgun, bow or handgun. Sometimes it felt to me that our magazine’s name was not ideally describing our mission: to provide you with a pleasurable experience while getting the information and insights into African hunting safaris.

So it is with both excitement and butterflies in our stomachs, we bring you a new chapter, and a new look and feel as we go into our next decade. Welcome to the new African Hunting Gazette.

I think it is a very good and appropriate change in context of what your fine magazine stands for and promotes - good luck!

Africa Hunting Gazette

While I appreciate your magazine very much, I appreciate even more announcing the name change here!

I currently buy my copies at Barnes & Noble, and if I hadn't read about the name change, I might not have picked the current issue up! There was no way to look inside ... the FREE DVD ... had each issue wrapped in clear plastic.

But, because I read your announcement here on AfricaHunting.com I knew what I was getting was the same high quality magazine on African Hunting I've enjoyed for a while now!

As has been stated, this is a more fitting and accurate title! Good show!

Thanks again for a terrific publication! I will become a regular subrscriber in short order!

Kwaheri, and Good Hunting!

John.

Brooke and the team at African Hunting Gazette,

I was going to send you a letter to congratulate you on the name change, the outstanding magazine and the newsreel DVD that has made staying up feeding a baby in the wee hours of the morning something I look forward to (well almost).

I subscribe to the AHG and it gives me that extra little safari every quarter! Always a bit of a buzz when you turn up in the mailbox.

Keep up the good work and look forward to being a long-time subscriber!

Daniel Schembri
Sydney, Australia

I think it is a very good and appropriate change in context of what your fine magazine stands for and promotes - good luck!

They must stand for poaching and raping nature for profit since they employ Jeffery Lendrum...3x convicted poacher and wildlife violation expert

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,