Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunted
South Africa
Well guys,

Here is my story of my 1st Bushpig.

I returned to SDudla Safaris to go and pick up my biltong (Jerky) and droe wors (dried sausage) the guys that have hunted Africa will have tasted it.

I did not plan to go hunting this time just to spend a last day on the location and to enjoy the bushveld.

Ryno asked that I take the bow with because he needed a Impala ewe and Blue Wildebeest cow for meat.

I did not need a seconded invitation and early Wednesday morning found I was in the elevated hide that I planned to hunt out off.

I was barely in the hide for 20 minutes when I heard animals coming in and drinking.

I thought that it might be Blue Wildebeest but got a nice surprise to see a sounder of young bush pigs at the water.

Those of you who have hunted in Africa for bush pigs will know how elusive they can be and to even see them during day time is a rare occurrence.

As luck would have it I once again had the video camera set up at the other shooting port where I expected the action to take place.

Having all the pigs with in 15 yards from me I did not want to take the chance of spooking them by moving the camera....

Here is the shooting port with the camera...

P1010443.jpg

and here is the 2nd shooting port where I had the pigs come in....

P1010444.jpg

I had 4 young pigs probably from this year's litter and another sow probably from last year's litter at the water.

I heard more noise just behind the hide and decided to wait and 3 minutes later the piglets move from the water and another sow moved in.

This one was beautiful with white back and red brown sides.

I decided that the moment she gave me a proper shot opportunity I would take it.

I had to wait for another 2 minutes before I got a good shot angle and the 125gr Slick Trick standard broad head shot by the 05 Allegiance did a perfect job and the pig went 30 yards before falling....

P1010433.jpg

I was very fortunate to shoot my 1st bush pig during day light and I hope to have the opportunity to hunt more of them in future.

Later in the morning I also harvested a good impala ewe with the bow.

I have her on video and will add it later...

Once again SDudla safaris provided the magic moments....

Attachments

• P1010443.jpg
    P1010443.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 205
  • P1010444.jpg
    P1010444.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 224
  • P1010433.jpg
    P1010433.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 219
...Gerhard that's a nice looking pig!! That will make a beautiful mount that you can be very proud of!!!

bushpig bowhunt

That's a good day. It's great when everything just falls into place. :thumb:

Jou bliksem nous jy my een voor geluk man.

Sorry there was no better way to congratulate him but in Afrikaans.

congradulations Gerhard,
My taxidermist has 2 of them mounted in his showroom. They make striking trophies!!!

Here is a full mount boar at my taxidermy

P1010063.jpg

Attachments

• P1010063.jpg
    P1010063.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 216
Great pig.....and story! Need the video now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenusPined

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross