African Game Meat - the good the bad and the ugly!

because its bloody pork , mate.

In whatever country I may travel, I always want to try the local fare. Not that country's idea of some popular American dishes. And I made a point of mentioning my preference for only African dishes when in Africa. My advice is to try it ALL! You'll only be truly disappointed if you don't try it. But my personal favorite, and I've had it cooked several different ways, is springbok. I could have also gorged myself on kudu biltong. Its probably a good thing you cannot purchase here in the states. Bon appetit! :)

I think the most Different meal I ate was actually an Appetizer of wild game Liver Pat'e,extremely rich thank God it was only an Appetizer . A long time past I ate some Venison Liver Sausage offered to me by an older German Lady when I stayed in Milwaukee Wisc. I'm not a liver fan but it was terrific

no mate ,
and l appolagize in advance
I cant bring my self to any swine

i want to try everything that is offered when i go, my wife will likely not be as brave, if its meat it can be grilled and everyone knows grilled meat is good so how can i go wrong

My camp chef cooks a warthog that is to die.....so good it tastes that warthog are becoming endangered in my area.

We asked for some to be cooked for us. I know they like to age the meat at least a few days. Maybe there wasn't enough time.

Just tell Bluey, it's a piece of his croc..

Bluey you should really give Bushpig a taste, especially if they make a cheese sausage with it. I don't see that anyone has tried porcupine,give it a go you will be surprised:D:D

Bluey you should really give Bushpig a taste, especially if they make a cheese sausage with it. I don't see that anyone has tried porcupine,give it a go you will be surprised:D:D

the local butcher who buys some of our meat keeps on about getting him porcupine. we wouldnt but it must be good ,unfortunately never had the chance to eat any.

Porcupine, is out of the world...but...must be a head shot, and cleaned properly, if you get any stomach content on meat, becomes as bitter as hell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross