AfricaHunting.com Under Attack

Is it just me? Or did the site go down for everyone last night and it's running somewhat slow this morning?
AH is once again experiencing a DDOS attack today. For more information on that go to Denial-of-service attack on wikipedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack. I am 100% certain that this is an organized malicious effort paid for by an anti hunting group(s). They engage automated queries to overwhelm and compromise the good operation and speed of the site. I apologize for the inconvenience, I have been working on trying to get the site back up for the last 10 hours with our hosting company. It's still going on...

No need to apologize Jerome, I'm confident you're on it and do not enjoy this crap.

I'm with Phil! Thanks for all you do and hang in there!

Although unlikely since law enforcement probably won't even be bothered, I really hope they catch these people someday. Not only does this type of thing cause issues for ah.com but causes issues for everyone on the Internet.

Again, thank you Jerome! You do an excellent job with this site especially since we know what you are up against!

That is what i thought happen.

Make member on AH, reassess on being a supporter of AH.

It takes money to fix these issues and being a AH supporter helps everyone out..

It's been said before, and most recently by James Grage. There is something we can do to help in the fight against these people who would deny us our right to belong to this site and share our experiences as hunters - we can give Jerome our financial support by becoming sponsors of this site. The cost is small, especially considering what we get out of this, and considering what it costs in both time an money (tech support doesn't come cheap in my experience!) to keep the site up and running.

If there is another way we as individuals can help I'd be happy to hear it.

I thought that it might have been a recent post that sent the site into a speed wobble...;)

Jerome, you and the Team do an amazing job keeping this wonderful forum going - as hunters we owe you all a debt of gratitude.

Just upgraded my status - we must all fund the fight against these ignorant fools...

Ado

Last edited:
I've tried a couple of times to respond on a thread in the past week, and each time I hit "Post", it seems the site shuts down. I have been able to hit "Like"s on comments. I also cannot pull this site up using my laptop. But I can pull it up via my phone. :(

I've tried a couple of times to respond on a thread in the past week, and each time I hit "Post", it seems the site shuts down. I have been able to hit "Like"s on comments. I also cannot pull this site up using my laptop. But I can pull it up via my phone. :(

You might be running into the same issue I had. My IP address was blocked because I was mistaken for an attacker and blocked. I sent a message to Jerome and he fixed it for me right away.

Thank you, Brushmore for the advise. And thank you, Jerome for getting me back on. I gladly just became a Sponsor of this site. The antis infuriate me to no end. I have benefited from reading the posts here on AH.com a great deal. The information provided by the members and experts on this site can prevent so many future headaches for those of us who will continue to hunt Africa. And I hope to have more successes of my own to contribute to this site. If there is anything else I can do to help, please contact me. Meanwhile......lets keep hunting. And lets keep sharing those hunting experiences! ;):D

Hi J are we having problem with anti's again? I'm having problems signing in at home and at work the two places I sign in the most.

Hi J are we having problem with anti's again? I'm having problems signing in at home and at work the two places I sign in the most.
PM sent.

Jerome, Thank you for keeping the site up and running. As stated above by Walkingprey2, we all get an abundance of information from this site and an opportunity to share if we choose. Becoming a supporter at any level is an opportunity for all members to participate in the welfare of the site, because every little bit helps Thank you again!

they want to attack my online home again... so I donate more money. all the anti-hunters will ever achieve by harassing us is to strengthen our bonds as a community. I truly respect the people who put up with both the troubles of running a normal forum and the severe troubles related to running a hunting forum.

this forum has helped me with many things including two trips to Africa, a travel agent, great advice on both hunting and life, and of course good friends to talk with. a small amount of money is the least I could do to repay this great forum!

-matt

Same EXACT thing happened to me last week, trying to reply to post! Hit post and BOOM, site down.:mad: I thought OH S**T, what'd I do now?!?!?! :confused: Sure glad to see it up and running again, thanks Jerome and whoever helped out!!(y)

Whats with all the bizzare postings?

Weight loss? Kick boxing? Not to mention that some of them are nothing more than a gobbledygook collection of words............
SPAM?
I thought that there were designs in place to prevent this type of thing (like having to wait for a return email before one can post)........or has technology come up with a way to "override" that safe guard?

Just curious.......................................Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darn, you mean I won't lose weight, have more energy and be abale to solve random word puzzles!!! Drat, may as well go back to bed!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaliaPace

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross