About Leupold V-I

oscar1975

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hello, What do you think about scopes Leupold V-I?, I want to take one for my Ceska 375 Holland and Holland to use in hunting of wild hog in short distance with more bush. I need a great view, but I cannot spend much money. I also want to ask you what kind of mount can put in my Ceska 550 Magnum

Thank you;

Oscar.

P.D: I'm sorry for my horrible English.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Warne QD mounts with a Meopta 4x40 scope on my CZ 550 .375 H&H mag. The Warnes work very well with the CZ built-in rails.

Can you say me anything about the scope? Thank you for your answer.

Oscar.

Well I have two of the scopes on my guns...now they are not big bore guns at all. But they have worked fine and dandy for what you pay for them. The biggest gun they want on is a 300 Win Mag. I really like Leupold scopes. But would recommend something like a 2.5-8 36mm VX- 3 scope. I'm not throughly convinced a VX-1 can handle a 375 H&H...and I'm not will to bet on it lasting long term. You get what you pay for...VX-3 is a little more quality built for me....and it is still reasonably priced.

Some may say the 300 Win is a hell of gun too and they are right...it's just that I got a hell of a deal on them....and it not a gun I'm going to shoot much...it's going to friend of mine, when he tags along with me.

The last 2 Leupold's I purchase were from Zanders and they were on sale, that's why I bought 2 of them, the VX-III 3.5-10 power. I think they ran around $390.00, which I thought was a hell of a deal, as far as not spending alot for a 375 h&h scope, good luck, like enysse said, you get what you pay for. I think it is better to save your money and wait for a sale on one, hell buy a used one if money is an issue, I have bought used scopes many times and have had pretty good luck....so far. I would not go cheap on a scope you are putting on a 375 plain and simple.
That being said, there is a local police office who has a cheap ass Tasco Pronghorn on his 50BMG and it has been atop that rifle for around 6yrs now, and he shoot regularly. I wouldn't do it but, it has worked for him. Contradicted myself didn't I.

I have had a VX-I on my slug gun for 3 years now and I love it. My dad has a VX-III on his 7mm mag. Now neither of those are as much as a .375 but I think they will do fine. If you can afford the better one then go for it.

I don't think that you can go wrong with a leupold. There are better ones than a V-1, but if that's what fits your budget you should be happy with it. My personal favorite scopes are Schmidt & Bender, but they are very expensive.

That is my doubt that the number of Leupold VX-I can handle the recoil of the 375 well-Holland. I understand that perhaps yes, but you probably do not. Then I buy the Bushnell Elite 3200 series as the manufacturer that have withstood the amount of 10,000 shots of the Holland 375.

Oscar.

Hey Oscar, I have had a Leupold scope on my 375 H&H for over 7 years with never a problem. I have had problems with Bushnell scopes on hard kicking rifles in the past. One of the great things about Leupold scopes is that if you do have a problem they will fix it or send you a new scope. Good luck,

I definately agree with this statement. The Warne rings for the CZ are a very good choice, I have them not only on my CZ550 American 9.3x62, but also on my Weatherby MKV 300 Wby Mag and my Winchester Model 70 30.06 and 9.3x64 Brenneke. They will also be on my next rifle purchase.

Regarding scopes, I have said on this forum previously that I have sold all my Leupolds and replaced then with Zeiss Victory Diavari and Zeiss Conquest
scopes. This is the case, however I should clarify that I love Leupold scopes and have owned more than a dozen. I dearly loved my VX3 3.5-10x40 and it was perfect for my 300 Weatherby. It would still be on that Mark V today had I not looked thro a Zeiss Conquest. It has a beautiful black reticle that is very
good in poor light as are the optics. The only grievance I have had with Leupold has been their reticles changing colour and not remaining black at all times.
I have found Leupolds to be very good on heavy kicking rifles. I have never had a problem with any Leupold scope.

Thank you very much for your answers, I miss not try to assess the Redfield scopes I've heard that Leupold made​​. Now I will tell you.

regards,

Oscar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg