9.3 CZ

Thanks for the reload tips sestoppelman. BobT I picked up a box of the PRVI to do some practicing with, along with some of the 286g Oryx. CAustin, hoping to get out and do some shooting as soon as this weather cooperates.

@wiml76 i would be interested to know what those prvi shoot like in your 9.3. i have a couple of boxes but havent bothered to even try them after using nearly 2 boxes of prvi trying to zero a .270 ...all over the place going opposite to scope adjustments and any other variation you can think of.... gave up in the end.

@spike.t in my mauser 9.3x62 the privi's group OK. Open sight shooting at 50 yds and 100 yds their accuracy is acceptable. I even managed a first round hit at 255yds using the open sights.

Nice rifle! CONGRATS!

@wiml76 i would be interested to know what those prvi shoot like in your 9.3. i have a couple of boxes but havent bothered to even try them after using nearly 2 boxes of prvi trying to zero a .270 ...all over the place going opposite to scope adjustments and any other variation you can think of.... gave up in the end.

PRVI shoots great in my .375 @spike.t .

And I'm both being serious, and using the opportunity to yank your chain. :E Big Grin:

@spike.t in my mauser 9.3x62 the privi's group OK. Open sight shooting at 50 yds and 100 yds their accuracy is acceptable. I even managed a first round hit at 255yds using the open sights.

ok thanks will give them a go, but after those .270`s ( got some sako ammo and had it zeroed in 4 or 5 shots)and peteg experiences with them in his .300wm i am very dubious of this make.

Hi guys.
I think that the cartridges from PRVI are bad.
My rifles do not like this ammunition.
I use RWS, NORMA and Hornady.
Witold

@wiml76 i would be interested to know what those prvi shoot like in your 9.3.

spike.t, I'll be sure to let you know. As soon as I get a chance to get out and put some rounds down range I will, and will post pictures along with a report. I did just pick up some Warne QD scope rings so I may do a few iron sight volleys and then mount a scope and see what I can manage out of it.

Like several here I have the brother of your rifle, I have had very good results with RL17 in this caliber. I mostly use factory ammo to get brass ans then work up loads for each rifle. I have several good loads for A-frames and woodleigh bullets if you are interested.

Last time at the range my wife started casting her eye on this rifle for a AK Black bear hunt. She thinks here 338RCM needs a bigger hole in the barrel for bear.

Enjoy your rifle.

I don't know how many of those Mannlicher stocked 9.3s Iv'e seen for sale but I have always been put off by the short barrel and light weight, I'm not recoil sensitive but already have a few Mules in the closet,,perhaps a range report will help sway my decision to own one of those beauties

Great rifle. I just love mine. Generally PRVI is not very consistent but I'm not sure about the 9.3. Got a box of it to try out. For hunting though, mine likes the Norma 286gr Oryx and Remington 285gr PSP. It also likes Sellier&Bellot 285gr SP.

As to the short barrel and recoil...I like the handling and balance of the short barrel and surprisingly the muzzle blast is not any bigger than other calibers with longer barrels and it seems to have pleasant recoil. Similar to 30-06. I only notice it hits harder than 8mm Mauser if I shoot them back-to-back.

Good rifle, good ammo ..but PRVI only on the "range" .. The quality of the bullet is .. cheap ..
My ammo prefered : First : Brenneke, RWS : TUG/UNI no opinion about EVO and Norma Oryx or others with A-Frame / Partition

At SCI I ordered some of the new solids Swift has out, along with A Frames..

Finally found some time to get outside and do some shooting with the new rifle. Target below is the first 3 rounds, 285gr PRVI from the sitting at 50 yards. Overall it was a pleasure to shoot. The recoil was more than I'm used to with my 7x57, but manageable. Picked up a Leupold VX3 1.5-5 that I'm going to mount and hopefully do some more practicing later this week with the 286gr Oryx. I also picked up a box of 286gr Partitions from Nosler's website that were on sale, hopefully they will be here in time to try as well.
IMG_0961.JPG
IMG_0964.JPG
IMG_0967.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey cool! I picked up a used one on my way to DSC. Looks like the exact same model. I'm not sure if I'll hunt much with it but it just may end up in the hands of some youngsters who want to shoot something big. Sure is cool to have anyway. I'm looking forward to getting some ammo and trying her out!

Looking forward to your thoughts on how it shoots! Do you plan to keep it open sighted or put an optic on it?

So you can't even go to a show without picking up another rifle huh! I can't tell whether you are sick or I am envious! Royal, what do you think?

Too many other choices.. I really had my nieces and nephews in mind when I bought it, just in case they prefer a little less than a 375 on something like a giraffe. Thought this might be the perfect caliber for such a beast? So maybe not with me personally, but I think the gun will hunt! That is unless the kids fall in love with one of the 375's, which is easy to do as well;)
I thought the saying was "that dog will hunt". I learn something new everyday on this forum!!!

Congrats! I love that rifle with the mannlicher stock. I have a CZ 550 American safari and it's my favorite gun. I want a CZ in 30/06 with the mannlicher stock so bad I can't stand it. Of course I would take the same model you just got in a heart beat too. That rifle should provide you with generations of loyal service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123winmarketing

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross