9.3 CZ

wiml76

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
US, South Africa
Thought I would share with you all, just got my new CZ550 FS home, chambered in 9.3 x 62 (my first). Can't wait to get outside to try out a new round with such ties to the history of Africa.

IMG_0883.JPG
IMG_0859.JPG
IMG_0860.JPG

I'll try to get a timely update in once I have the opportunity to take it outside and put some rounds through it, maybe some better pictures too.

Attachments

• IMG_0860.JPG
    IMG_0860.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 262
  • IMG_0859.JPG
    IMG_0859.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0883.JPG
    IMG_0883.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 519
That caliber was the first one I ever used in Africa. Knew nothing about it and trusted the PH.
Suffice to say it was effective on everything from Eland to Warthog.

Hope you have great success with it.

That caliber was the first one I ever used in Africa. Knew nothing about it and trusted the PH.
Suffice to say it was effective on everything from Eland to Warthog.

Hope you have great success with it.

Thanks BRICKBURN, looking forward to learning the rifle and taking it with me on my first safari next year in April.

Hey cool! I picked up a used one on my way to DSC. Looks like the exact same model. I'm not sure if I'll hunt much with it but it just may end up in the hands of some youngsters who want to shoot something big. Sure is cool to have anyway. I'm looking forward to getting some ammo and trying her out!

Looking forward to your thoughts on how it shoots! Do you plan to keep it open sighted or put an optic on it?

You will love the 9.3, big old pumpkin roller. But don't underestimate it's longer range potential. If you handload BLC-(2) is magic.

Hey cool!
I thought so too Bob! :)

may end up in the hands of some youngsters who want to shoot something big. Sure is cool to have anyway
An awesome reason to own a firearm in my opinion. Be interested in seeing pictures of the one you acquired.

I'll be using the irons until this fall, then I plan on putting a scope on the rifle, hoping to take it on an elk hunt in Wyoming to test it out before deer season opens here in November. I have a bad case of nostalgia and would love to keep it open sights, but I have found my results on animals lean towards magnification (y)

It's a fine looking rifle! What is the round you have next to it in the picture as a point of reference? 30-06?

Action Bob, where did you get yours! I think Witold uses the 9.3 if memory serves me correctly.

Great looking rifle, hope it brings you many happy hunting days.

I have the longer half stock version, the 550 Lux with sights, ( recently acquired) love it. Its about my 4th or 5th 9.3x62. My go to load for all of them has been about 60-61 grs of IMR 4064 behind a Barnes triple shock bullet. Same powder with the 250 Nosler Accubond is about as accurate. 59grs of Reloder 15 worked best for me with the 286gr Nosler Partition. If your gun will shoot you can expect sub MOA performance. For relatively inexpensive blasting with non premium bullets I like the 270gr Speer and had great luck with IMR4350, about 64 grs of it. Its a great round. I have used one twice in Africa, Namibia and Zimbabwe. Enjoy!

Well let's us know how it shoots with a range report!

and bob what is your excuse for such a statement? :E Shake Head:......:E Tap Foot:......;)
Too many other choices.. I really had my nieces and nephews in mind when I bought it, just in case they prefer a little less than a 375 on something like a giraffe. Thought this might be the perfect caliber for such a beast? So maybe not with me personally, but I think the gun will hunt! That is unless the kids fall in love with one of the 375's, which is easy to do as well;)

Congrats on a great looking rifle in a fine caliber! I have a Husqvarna 640 so chambered and love it, for cheap practice the PRVI ammo is hard to beat if you don't reload.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenusPined

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross