500 Jeffery reloading problem

dogfog1

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have now once fired all my Bertram 500 Jeffery cases and now find that none of the full length re-sized cases will chamber any-more. I am using the RCBS Safari die set with the No.37 shell holder.

From what details I have been able to obtain about the gun, it was originally chambered for Kynamco ammuntion. I have tried to contact Kynamco for information but the owner is abroad and not contactable.
Unfortunately over here in the UK it is just not possible to fire off a couple of rounds and just measure the differences.
Does anyone any drawings for the 500 Jeffery Kynamco ammunition or chamber dimensions for this ammunition to help me see where the problem is.

Many thanks for any help you can offer

if you contact RCBS, im sure they can help. i had similar trouble with my 505 Gibbs FL sizing die and they had me send it back. they did not charge me for shipping or work and my cases feed and extract perfectly now.

-matt

Just been on the phone with RCBS and they are are having to speak to their engineers and get to me about it.

G

David Little is the man you need to speak to at Kynamco and he will be in Wednesday afternoon.
Good bloke to deal with.

Many thanks Jimbob, That was on my list, was told he was out of the country.

G

Update,
Sent the sizing Die off to RCBS with 3 fired cases and they said the gun is short chambered and they fix the die cheaply to size cases that will chamber.
G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.