5.56 and .223 ammunition ban.......

maybe but .223 sales must be very large.......

HUGE Mike, but that's the point. The ban that is being talked about doesn't impact most of what is shot, or sold to the public. And the additional sales of the rest would more than make up for it, plus the M855 ammunition would still be sold to the military.

Don't get me wrong. I'm VERY against this ammo being banned and the long term implications are scary as hell, but just not in the short term.

This is another case of our government trying to make itself stronger and the people weaker, which is exactly what our 2nd Amendment is designed to prevent!

I see an armed revolt in the making.

Well that is precisely why the framers drafted the Second Amendment. Also I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and "domestic". Those who framed the Constitution were very wise indeed. They saw people like Barry coming to power

So, I encourage all of U.S. readers to contact our Congressional Representative and U.S Senators, (whether they be "Rs" or "Ds"). (I e-mailed Bill Posey's office 2 weeks ago when I first heard of this move by bho and I will call this week.)

And contact the BATF by 16 March - the NRA article provides the BATF contact links.

This is more creeping big government.

thanks !!

Right after you go stock pile a few thousand rounds of .223.

I did that after Sandy Hook. I still have 99% of it. At this rate it may become more valuable than gold. I heard a story when BO got elected, with his gun control initiative.... He won't take away your guns, he will starve it out by taking your ammo. Interesting....

Hell guys, they can have all my ammo!
They just got to come and get it, maybe they could send that turd of a wanna be sniper that killed Randy Weaver's wife Lon Horiuchi.
Molon Labe-
Cody

300.... One of my favorite movies!(y)

At this point, I would hate to try and make a living off the difference between the republicans and democrats.

+1.
They're all crooked as a dog's hind leg, addicted to other people's money and seem to actually hate the people they steal it from.

Last edited:
The big problem as I see it is that if they finally get the ban on the M855 ammo what is to stop them from banning cup and core bullets next, or even a solid copper bullet? It is the proverbially one foot in the door type of thing. A lot of hunters will figure, "well it doesn't affect me" but in the long run it will.

Well that is precisely why the framers drafted the Second Amendment. Also I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and "domestic". Those who framed the Constitution were very wise indeed. They saw people like Barry coming to power

It's really amazing the brilliance of the founding fathers and how they were all together at the same time and place in history, And now we're at a time in history where this country has some of the worse politicians and "leaders", who care about nothing except their own power grab, greed and care nothing about citizens rights or this great country. If T. Jefferson was here, he would kick each of them in the balls. That includes Hillary and Pelosi!!!

+1.
They're all crooked as a dog's hind leg, addicted to other people's money and seem to actually hate the people they steal it from.

A Liberal is one who feels a great debt to his fellow man, that debt he proposes to pay with your money. "fellow man" in this case is the antigun lobby, and leftist hypocritical hollywood crackpots

The big problem as I see it is that if they finally get the ban on the M855 ammo what is to stop them from banning cup and core bullets next, or even a solid copper bullet? It is the proverbially one foot in the door type of thing. A lot of hunters will figure, "well it doesn't affect me" but in the long run it will.

Exactly....

And honestly, I'm even more hard core than what it would do to me as a hunter. I do not have a Constitutional Right to hunt. I do however; have a Constitutional Right to bear arms. Part of that is having ammunition to shoot out of the arms I bear! The constitution does not limit my arms, nor ammunition.

Actually, most of them are probably happy. One specific bullet gets banned, we all panic again, and buy more than they can make of all the rest.
this has been said millions of times before, but Obama is the best gun salesman in the states!

Royal27, If this ban goes into effect, what are the practical implications? Please, no politics. I don't and have never owned an AR rifle, even though I carried them for many years. I know there are many brands of .223/5.56 ammo for sale in any gun shop and on line. Surely AR shooters can buy ammo that doesn't use M855 ball bullets. Please explain!

Royal27, If this ban goes into effect, what are the practical implications? Please, no politics. I don't and have never owned an AR rifle, even though I carried them for many years. I know there are many brands of .223/5.56 ammo for sale in any gun shop and on line. Surely AR shooters can buy ammo that doesn't use M855 ball bullets. Please explain!

IMO only, the practical implications are a shortage of ammunition, not due to supply, but rather due to demand going through the roof as people panic and hoard, or even new buyers coming into the market specifically due to the ban. With rational demand only this would be a blip at best. But demand won't be rational.

Fear drives markets and this ban will create fear that the M885 is the first to be banned, but not the last. Over time, things will settle back down, assuming no additional actions on the part of ATF.

Barry claims to be a proud American but he spits on the Constitution every chance he gets. Like all tinpot dictators he uses government regulation to circumvent elected officials. Make no mistake about this guy he will be like a dying tiger in his last two years thrashing around. He will be pushing his agenda through democracy be damned

+1.
Barry by his actions, evidently hates the US Constitution and evidently hates the working class here in the USA.
Evidently he even hates his own half brother who, lives in a makeshift hut in some Kenya slum, dirt floor, no running water.
Far as we know Barry has never even been to see him, much less try to help him out in any way ... his own blood kin.
Who does that kind of stuff anyway ?

Reactions: lcq
Reactions: lcq
+1.
Barry by his actions, evidently hates the US Constitution and evidently hates the working class here in the USA.
Evidently he even hates his own half brother who, lives in a makeshift hut in some Kenya slum, dirt floor, no running water.
Far as we know Barry has never even been to see him, much less try to help him out in any way ... his own blood kin.
Who does that kind of stuff anyway ?

exactly. If the Dems get more of their kind in the Supreme Court the Second could be in trouble.

Scalia had a wonderful quote. "What in the world is a moderate interpretation of a constitutional text? Halfway between what it says and what we'd like it to say?"

Lets take the AR platform out of the equation.

I know of a number of varmint hunters that prefer the M855 ammo due to virtually no pelt damage on what they shoot.

They will either shoot the M855 out of their .223 rifles (besides the AR platform ones) or solids out of their other calibers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois