8x68

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
OFAH
Hunted
Canada, USA
I have some 450 Nitro Bell Basic brass that a friend gave me. I was going to form it into 404 Jeffery brass. Does anyone one know if I will run into problems just running it through the sizing die after trimming it, or do I need a case forming die?
Thx

I used .375 H&H Magnum brass to fire formed 404 Jeffery brass...I think using the .450 brass will definitely be a better option to use...

I just purchased Hornady 404 brass with no real problems here in Canada

Or you can go to Midway and buy new stuff

Fortunately the 404 Jeffery caliber rifle has become alive and popular again, mostly all brass manufacturers makes 404 Jeffery brass. Going cast bullet way is another option to enable you to shoot your 404 Jeffery frequently. Gas checks are available as well. It really is a perfect caliber to shoot and hunt with...(y) I bought Hornady brass and it really is not that expensive...when I bought my 404 Jeffery I did experience great difficulties to acquire brass..fortunately a good friend of mine Johan Greyling( gunsmith) assist me in fire forming .375 H&H brass to fit my 404 Jeffery ..I still shoot these brass today..some people will frown on the belted brass fire formed to fit in a non belted caliber rifle..:)

I saw a number of them on another forum were using the RUM cases to make cheaper plinking brass earlier on but if the supply is better now there really is no reason not to use the proper brass. With more manufacturers seeing how well liked this cartridge is the options are better than ever. I liked Norma brass in mine. I had some RWS but found it was thinner in the neck wall than the Norma. I had my dies honed to give the least amount of brass working when sizing and had to take that into account.

As Garry point out , this is a rifle caliber that will only grow in the future since it is a highly sought after caliber and with today`s technology it is easy to manufacture . Re-loading dies and brass is readily available..I used the Hornady dies and it works well.

Lots of good 404 brass out there now. Suggest trading your 450 brass for some might be the easiest option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123winmarketing

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross