4 Days to go

Best travel advice I ever heard was, "take half the amount of clothes you think you'll need and twice the amount of money."

All the best to you on your hunt. Looking forward to reading the the report.

You are hunting with a pretty well known outfitter, you should have a excellent time. I'm on trip number 4 to Africa this year, still 5 months to go yet.

I just had to prove to @Wheels that @Waterguy631 is a better shot than I am, and thus my being the instructor. :p

20160319_181509.jpg

In all seriousness, it was 100 yards. Cheap practice ammo that certainly isn't MOA, so I'm actually fairly happy with the groups. Scope on 3x as usual for me.

Snarky thoughts come to mind...........but I will refrain..........since you are probably outshooting me. :oops:

This is the 25 yard range, correct?

Saved that for the Lott. :cautious:

Almost two and a half hours from the house!!!! We can't all have a range next door like you do! :E Big Grin:

Are you having to go to Alabama, Tennessee or South Carolina to shoot?:eek:

Hood and Sherman along with their buddies didn't have a hard time finding a place to shoot down there.:D Whats up?o_O

Are you having to go to Alabama, Tennessee or South Carolina to shoot?:eek:

Hood and Sherman along with their buddies didn't have a hard time finding a place to shoot down there.:D Whats up?o_O

Dang near Alabama....

There is a 100 yard just over an hour away, but it is bench only and the benches are crap. There are indoor ranges, but they are only 25 yards. Not bad for offhand practice up close, but I usually just use them for pistol.

So to shoot off sticks I have to go to my deer lease, which is 2 hours and 20 minutes....

That sucks I have a 200 yrds range 5 minutes but have to drive 1/2 hour for a 600 yrds range if I want to practice distance work it's 2.5 hours for a 1200 yrds range. I guess I don't have it so bad.

@Royal27 looks like 6 dead animals to me.

I'm not an accuracy nut, and you're right, all dead at 100 yards. I try to also limit my shots standing off the stick to a reasonable distance. I'm personally comfortable to about 250 or so, longer than that and I want a better rest. And not shooting too much further, period.

Nice shooting

Thanks! Yours is way better though. Those African anima;s are NOT going to like your shooting. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.