3D Archery Targets Banned

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Africa' started by IdaRam, Aug 4, 2014.

1. IdaRam

IdaRam AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member, North American Hunting Club Life Member, Wild Sheep Foundation
    Hunted:
    Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Alberta Canada
    More insanity from the Peoples Republic.

From the CBH Newsletter

Last week I was informed by a local blog reader that the El Dorado Park (Long Beach, CA) archery range we know and love has disallowed use of 3D animal targets effective immediately. I was shocked as I have been using 3D animal targets at the range for over five years with no issues. Using the 3D animal targets allows us to better prepare for hunting season. I read this excerpt in the California Bowmen Hunters newsletter about the change;
    There was a recent ruling at the El Dorado Archery Range, by the Long Beach Parks and Recreation Department, that disallows the placement of...and shooting at... 3D animal targets in front of the butts on this range. This is a practice that has been enjoyed by target archers and bowhunters for years without problems.
    This ruling was based upon two women who had observed an archery class being taught by Marcus Bossett. They were aghast at seeing youth shooting at 3D Animal Targets and demanded that the park stop this terrible practice.
    The “terribly offensive” class is called “Instinctive Archery” and Marcus has been using his own personal 3D targets for his students to shoot at so they know how to shoot and score all of the tournaments held in California which includes the 3D tournaments.
    These two women managed to cause a sweeping policy change that includes the entire archery range and anyone who comes to enjoy it.

The full text can be viewed here
    http://socalbowhunter.blogspot.com/2014/07/no-3d-animal-targets-allowed-at-el.html

I guess 3D archery is the "gateway drug" to hunting :eek: Can't have that now can we?

2. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR GOLD BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    KZN Hunters Assoc
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Canada, USA, Mexico
    I can only imagine the campaign about the "Offensive practice".
    We are a Minority.

3. Sable123

Sable123 AH Senior Member

Member of:
    ECGMA
    (n) My goodness!

4. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    I was watching some movie at someone's house, where in the future there is a day where there are no laws for 24 hours. If that ever happens a whole bunch of sheep are going to get slaughtered. Morons like this should be culled.

5. Azbowhunter2

Azbowhunter2 AH Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, ABA, AZPDC,
    Hunted:
    SA
    Where were all the 3D shooters and clubs? Why aren't they standing up to these people??? This is
    ridiculous we have to stand up to these people. If you don't like it don't participate and don't watch!

ActionBob likes this.
  6. Nyati

Nyati AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    RFEC, RFETO
    Hunted:
    Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
    All in the name of political correctness, it doesn´t surprise me.

I am a target shooter and used to compete in the Running Boar event. For those of you not familiar with it, you shoot at 50 meters at the silhouette of a boar which moves on rails. After complaints from the greenies, UIT/ISU changed the boar silhouette to a normal square target.

Same happened with Centerfire Pistol, or Rapid Fire Pistol, the silhouettes were considered as "humanoid" and changed to normal, square targets.

Even in IPSC, the"head" of the target has been removed.

All this makes me sick :sick:, and mad :mad:

7. tarbe

tarbe BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Enthusiast

Some days I just don't want to live on this planet anymore!

Only half-joking.......

8. Saul

Saul AH Veteran

enysse is referring to The Purge, which is actually a pretty entertaining movie.

On the subject at hand, though, the level of stupidity and wish to be as "politically correct" as possible sickens me. The whole point of America is that we don't have people imposing their personal views on others. It is just another instance of the persecution of hunters and gun owners. It reminds me of when the Wheaties cereal boxes with Kim Rhode on them were cancelled just because she was a skeet shooter. Completely ridiculous in every sense of the word.

Talking about IPSC removing the head from targets, one of the pistol ranges I used to frequent banned the use of human silhouette targets.

9. G Skinner

G Skinner AH Senior Member

Hunted:
    Namibia
    And I bet the women involved are not even members ....we as a group have to learn to scream louder !
    Glen

ActionBob likes this.
  10. rphguy

rphguy AH Enthusiast

political correctness: The same folks who are outraged and offended at shooting targets that are pictures of animals murder 1.5 million babies in America per year and call it choice.

ActionBob and tarbe like this.
  11. broncolcj

broncolcj AH Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, SCI
    California. nuff said