Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, NAHC Life Member, SCI, DSC, Wild Sheep Foundation, NSSF
Hunted
Idaho, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, California, Alberta Canada, South Africa, Zimbabwe
More insanity from the Peoples Republic.

From the CBH Newsletter

Last week I was informed by a local blog reader that the El Dorado Park (Long Beach, CA) archery range we know and love has disallowed use of 3D animal targets effective immediately. I was shocked as I have been using 3D animal targets at the range for over five years with no issues. Using the 3D animal targets allows us to better prepare for hunting season. I read this excerpt in the California Bowmen Hunters newsletter about the change;
There was a recent ruling at the El Dorado Archery Range, by the Long Beach Parks and Recreation Department, that disallows the placement of...and shooting at... 3D animal targets in front of the butts on this range. This is a practice that has been enjoyed by target archers and bowhunters for years without problems.
This ruling was based upon two women who had observed an archery class being taught by Marcus Bossett. They were aghast at seeing youth shooting at 3D Animal Targets and demanded that the park stop this terrible practice.
The “terribly offensive” class is called “Instinctive Archery” and Marcus has been using his own personal 3D targets for his students to shoot at so they know how to shoot and score all of the tournaments held in California which includes the 3D tournaments.
These two women managed to cause a sweeping policy change that includes the entire archery range and anyone who comes to enjoy it.

The full text can be viewed here
http://socalbowhunter.blogspot.com/2014/07/no-3d-animal-targets-allowed-at-el.html

I guess 3D archery is the "gateway drug" to hunting :eek: Can't have that now can we?

I can only imagine the campaign about the "Offensive practice".
We are a Minority.

(n) My goodness!

I was watching some movie at someone's house, where in the future there is a day where there are no laws for 24 hours. If that ever happens a whole bunch of sheep are going to get slaughtered. Morons like this should be culled.

Where were all the 3D shooters and clubs? Why aren't they standing up to these people??? This is
ridiculous we have to stand up to these people. If you don't like it don't participate and don't watch!

All in the name of political correctness, it doesn´t surprise me.

I am a target shooter and used to compete in the Running Boar event. For those of you not familiar with it, you shoot at 50 meters at the silhouette of a boar which moves on rails. After complaints from the greenies, UIT/ISU changed the boar silhouette to a normal square target.

Same happened with Centerfire Pistol, or Rapid Fire Pistol, the silhouettes were considered as "humanoid" and changed to normal, square targets.

Even in IPSC, the"head" of the target has been removed.

All this makes me sick :sick:, and mad :mad:

Some days I just don't want to live on this planet anymore!

Only half-joking.......

enysse is referring to The Purge, which is actually a pretty entertaining movie.

On the subject at hand, though, the level of stupidity and wish to be as "politically correct" as possible sickens me. The whole point of America is that we don't have people imposing their personal views on others. It is just another instance of the persecution of hunters and gun owners. It reminds me of when the Wheaties cereal boxes with Kim Rhode on them were cancelled just because she was a skeet shooter. Completely ridiculous in every sense of the word.

Talking about IPSC removing the head from targets, one of the pistol ranges I used to frequent banned the use of human silhouette targets.

And I bet the women involved are not even members ....we as a group have to learn to scream louder !
Glen

political correctness: The same folks who are outraged and offended at shooting targets that are pictures of animals murder 1.5 million babies in America per year and call it choice.

California. nuff said

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeniseDapl

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross